I feel like I need support

Options
2»

Replies

• broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    My friends are all skinny and they throw in my face that dont over eat. "Just dont eat it!!! Its not that hard!!" Ummmm yeah it is for some people!! I need to lose 100 pounds as I am in the mid 200's but I would be more than happy with 60!! We will do this cuz we ROCK\m/.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Trust yourself and go ahead and do what you know you need to do to improve your health and life. You will be so glad that you did! Your future lies ahead and depends a lot on choices made. Best of luck! :flowerforyou: Btw, you will make lots more friends along the way.
  • LotusFlwr2013
    LotusFlwr2013 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am seriously concerned for you... I am sorry your family is antipathetic and that your friends are ignorant... but YOU NEED to remove them from your LIFE…just for now... YOU HAVE TO PUT YOU FIRST... this is not just weight this is literally a death sentence for you unless you change it... PLEASE DO NOT LET THEM KILL YOU
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it! I feel the same. I don't have any help from anyone. I realize that I am doing this for myself with or without help. I'm my own motivation. I'm also 5'7' and finally got under 250 recently. I'm trying so hard to get under the 200 mark as well.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    If you need more support feel free to friend me! <3 I cannot imagine what you're going through with your kidney failure. Keep your chin up!
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I would say find some other hobbies, and make a few new friends who are supportive. Don't completely cut yourself off from your old friends, a lot of what they say is from thier own denial, but try to do activities with them that don't involve food.
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You have truly made a great first step to see that you have a problem. You must do this for yourself and not for anyone else. I had to learn this and it took a LONG TIME for me to realize it. I try to keep up with logging and yes I do fall down on it sometimes but we all fall sometimes it's the getting back up that keeps us going. None of us got here over night so we all must help each other. I will friend you and pray that you will succeed and get your kidney transplant.
  • x58890
    x58890 Posts: 14
    Options
    I know how you feel! The fact is, your friends are not ready to confront their weight issues, so they are threatened. They know that they can't support you without acknowledging their own issues. That's something you can't force on them either. I think we all pushed back at anyone encouraging us to be more active or change our diets until we decided for ourselves that we wanted to make those changes. Just surround yourself with anyone and everyone who is supportive--US! Here's a blog article you might relate to--
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/01/05/what-if-im-the-only-one/