Shape ups or easy tones

Options
Well I'm thinking about buying a pair. I do walk the dog alot and while I'm not always in tennis shoes, I do wear them a few times a week. I wouldn't plan on wearing them to the gym, I don't think it would be good for running, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm wondering if I should go with Reebock or Sketchers? Is one better than the other or are they pretty similar?

Replies

• aallen440
    aallen440 Posts: 20
    Options
    I wanted to buy the Reebocks just because I thought that they looked better. However, when I went to try them on, I hated them! I felt like something was wedged into the middle of my heel. I ended up buying the Sketchers, and even though it is obvious that I am wearing them, I like them. I felt my posture improve and it is like having shocks in your shoes. I wear them everywhere but my treadmill. I do not know if it is toning and what not, but I think it is too early to tell....plus besides, how can you seperate what each excerise has done when you already work out?

I love my Sketchers!
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Just from my experience... I bought the Reebok easy tones.... BIG NO NO!

I walked in them first and got blisters... decided to give them a try again.... this time I ran my 2 miles... yah.. I haven't worked out in 19 days and have been to the dr.. and got x rays and go back Tuesday for results, but my doctor thinks its a herniated disc....

I'm getting rid of the shoes and will NEVER give them a try again. i don't know if this would happen to you, but sheesh I sure wouldn't want anyone to experience the pain I have felt.. I know it was the shoes because I ran all week the same route && was fine.... the last night when I were those BAM the next morning I couldn't even stand.

He even suggested he feels like it WAS the shoes... so Best of luck, but I wouldn't suggest this shoes to anyone although I know some people enjoy them I HATE them!!

Good luck :)
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I saw an ad on TV today from Sears and seems as though Dr Scholls has some also. I went to Sears website and sure enough. They look the same but are 1/2 the price. Thinking of checking them out before spending a 100 dollar bill on the sketchers.

I did buy the sketchers "flip flops" and do feel it in my calves when I do a lot of walking.
  • rhstyles
    rhstyles Posts: 36
    Options
    Of course everyone is different but I love my Reebok easytones. I wear them everywhere, even when working out. I can see a big difference in my calfs. I think they are wonderful. But as I said everyone is different, just try a pair on.
  • rhstyles
    rhstyles Posts: 36
    Options
    Of course everyone is different but I love my Reebok easytones. I wear them everywhere, even when working out. I can see a big difference in my calfs. I think they are wonderful. But as I said everyone is different, just try a pair on.
  • lsand
    lsand Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they do all they say they do, but the sketchers sandals are very comfortable! I could wear them 24/7!
  • nataliemrice
    nataliemrice Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the easy tone shoes and I love them. They kind of hurt my feet the first few times but they are fine now. I would suggest wearing them when you don't have any swelling in your ankles or feet, otherwise it makes them quite uncomfortable. I can tell the difference in my calves and hamstrings. They are only to be walked in. If you want ones you can run in as well they make the Runtone as well. I don't have any experience in those but they look basically the same except the pads on the bottom are smaller, and there are more of them.

They were expensive but I feel they were worth it, esp. since I don't like to run! I also think they look a lot better. Dr. Scholls also makes a version of them, as well as La Gear and a brand at KMart.

Of course this is just my 2 cents :)
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I bought the Avia Avi Motion shoes and I love them! My ONLY complaint about them is that with my high arch - I tend to walk them over on the outside of the shoes - but I really think that is more a problem with my foot than it is with the shoe.

I have plantar fasciitis and I've noticed a huge improvement in that since wearing the shoes. I also notice a lot more muscle definition in my legs and butt. The technology works. And they put a spring in your step - so you don't mind exercising.

I am going to try the Dr. Scholls ones on sometimes this week and see if I like those too. One complaint that I've heard about the Reeboks is that the little airpocket on the heel can pop... which makes them useless.
  • lovmykids
    lovmykids Posts: 51
    Options
    I have the sketchers and I love them!!