How do I get rid of the last 10kgs?

Options
I have lost an amazing 20kg and I am so proud of myself for it and now I am down to the last 10kg and have found that it is a lot harder to lose this than I thought it would be.

So, my question is, does anyone have an really helpful tips/tricks/exercise routine/eating plan or anything of the sort that they used to help them get over the last weight loss hurdle? I am determined not to give up, I want this badly, so I know I am going to have to mix things up a bit.

Oh, and my calorie allowance is 1400 and I workout 5 days a week doing fast paced walking, cross trainer, light weights and calisthenics, also some physio recommended exercises for my knee. All of this I do at home too, I don't want to pay for a gym.

Any help is appreciated!!! :)

Replies

• erinashley91
    Options
    Help?
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water every hour - set your alarm. Up your protein. Do something active every hour that makes u sweaty - keeps your metabolism up.
  • erinashley91
    Options
    I am always drinking a lot of water and try to keep on the move during the day, even though we are all guilty of sitting on our butts for a while, me included.

Any types of activity you would recommend over the other to shed the weight?
  • BombShell001
    BombShell001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to increase your calorie intake :-)
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I lost on 1200 eating back mycalories. I did LOTS of incidental walking-at least 90 minutes per day. Nothing too strenuous.
  • erinashley91
    Options
    I might have to have a look at my calorie intake, cause the thing is the weight is just stabalising at the moment and I do not want to get stuck where I am at right now.

I know I can do this and I know there are no quick fixes but it is still frustrating! Ughhh.

Thanks for the suggestions so far though :)
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Your calorie intake needs to adjust as you lose weight. And it's important to eat back at least 50% of your exercise calories. I'm guessing that if you only eat 1400 every day its not enough calories. It take energy for your body to build muscle and burn fat and you need to give your body enough fuel and nutrients to do that work. Also, as you get closer to your goal weight, you have to ramp down your deficit. If you have a lot to lose, you can eat 20% below your TDEE. If you only have a small amount to lose, you need to ramp down to no more than 10% below your TDEE. Weight loss is slower when you are near your goal, but still achievable if you eat the right amount of calories to support the right kind of hormones.
  • erinashley91
    Options
    Thankyou for this :)

It makes a lot more sense to do as you are saying I should. I'll get right onto it and see if the changes start appearing :) Thankyou!