Team in Training

meerkat88
meerkat88 Posts: 18 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone done this or are they a part of it? Im interested in learning more it seems like good program but it seems there must be a catch? I would love to get as much info as possible. Im pondering doing the San Jose rock and roll half marathon and am wondering if this would be a good idea. Thanks for any info!

Replies

• perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    I did it years ago for the Atlanta half-marathon. I think it's a great program. My only complaint is that it's really meant for people that are already pretty active. I found it to be a fairly aggressive training schedule. I had never run before in my life (could barely run a block), I was somewhat physically fit, not counting the extra 20-30 pounds I was carrying, and it kicked my butt and I ended up with some minor strain injuries because of it. Nothing I wasn't able to get over quickly, but if I were to do it again, I would've tried to work myself up to a level like where I am now, working out about 60 minutes a day and able to easily jog 20-30 minutes (at a slow pace), then I think it would've been perfect.

All that said, I met amazing people and it felt so good to be doing something good for myself and raising money for a wonderful cause.
This discussion has been closed.