Help! I need some ideas and suggestions!

MzMolly
MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,
I am new to myfitnesspal. I have lost 48 pounds so far but have at least another 50 to go. I am struggeling to keep my carbs under 150 per day and would love some ideas if anyone has some.
Hang in there everyone, we can do this!

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    If you make your diary public people can see what you have been eating and offer better suggestions.
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    I'm not sure what you're eating, but you can try cutting any flour or sugar products to just once a day. This means breads, pasta, sweets, etc (even "whole grain" versions). They often carry a heavy carb load for the amount of food they actually provide and aren't big on nourishment.
  • MzMolly
    How do I make my food journal public?
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    I took a look at my diary and I'm right around 150 for carbs, except the days that I eat a lot of fruit or a wheat bread or wheat pasta. I noticed that the higher carb foods are of course: rice, potato, pasta, bread, oatmeal etc.... so if you can omit them from your daily intake I think you'll be fine. Watch out for fruits and yogurt - high carbs. Along with dairy.

Try to stick with egg whites, chicken, fish, lean meat, turkey, lots of veggies and all natural. If it has a nutrition label on it, chances are it's going to have higher carbs. Plus, I went FAT FREE on almost everything in my house and that really nipped the carbs in the bud! Good Luck!
  • MzMolly
    Thanks for your help. I have also cut as many fats out of my diet. No more saturated or trans fats. I also have very little pasta, bread or flour products. I am finding that with all the fresh fruit and veggies along with my meals it is so very hard to keep under 150 carbs. My calories are not a problem I can stay under 1200 easy but not the carbs.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    I took a look at my diary and I'm right around 150 for carbs, except the days that I eat a lot of fruit or a wheat bread or wheat pasta. I noticed that the higher carb foods are of course: rice, potato, pasta, bread, oatmeal etc.... so if you can omit them from your daily intake I think you'll be fine. Watch out for fruits and yogurt - high carbs. Along with dairy.

Try to stick with egg whites, chicken, fish, lean meat, turkey, lots of veggies and all natural. If it has a nutrition label on it, chances are it's going to have higher carbs. Plus, I went FAT FREE on almost everything in my house and that really nipped the carbs in the bud! Good Luck!

There is actually a yogurt out there (Smith's/Fred Meyer) that has very little carbs. The yogurt is Kroger brand and it is called Carbmaster. There is only 4g of carbs. If you like yogurt it is a good one to eat.
  • naeS1Sean
    naeS1Sean Posts: 21
    In the "My Home" tab, click settings. then go to diary settings...
This discussion has been closed.