How can I get myself to drink more?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lrojecki
    Lrojecki Posts: 2
    Options
    Try a straw. I recently found that i drink way more with a straw then with out. I have never had an issue drinking enough water and have always used a bottle. Now with a straw i drink even more. May sound strange, but give it a shot.
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    I always drink two glasses of water in the morning when I take my morning supplements and medicines. Also, I found a 32oz water bottle at the dollar store so I bought two; I keep one at my work desk and the other in my gym bag.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Or just eat foods ( fruits ) that contain a lot of fluid.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, but after my WLS it was really important that I not get dehydrated--I can't just chug a bunch of water & make up the difference. I set a timer & every 15 minutes I would drink 3 oz of water through the day. I didn't feel thirsty & don't really like water, but I knew it just had to be done. Now I drink a bunch of hot tea--for me, warm liquids are better & I manage to get all my fluids in for the day.
  • RavenWolf1977
    RavenWolf1977 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water and now I get my 8 glasses a day.

As soon as I wake up, I drink 16 ounces of water and then have breakfast. I drink 16 ounces before each meal which puts me at most of my water for the day. Then I drink while exercising, and before bed. :)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Bottoms up, bottoms up
    Got a couple bottles but a couple ain't enough.

Just throw back a bottle like you were at a party! It's not hard. I can down a 24 oz bottle in 10 seconds. People just drink up. Nutrition doesn't have to taste like berry explosion or mint chocolate.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Get a huge bottle of water and make yourself drink 1 a day. It's easier that way because you see it as a single unit and can just work your way through it.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Move in with my husband. If that don't give you a drinking problem, then nothing will! :drinker:
  • ziggiezambi
    ziggiezambi Posts: 253
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your responses. I currently have a 24oz bottle with a straw that comes with me to work. I do have to say it helps quite a bit. But I’m still barley making it through 1- 24oz cup in a day (3cups). I do like the idea of eating more fruit or frozen juice pops. I dooo like ices so I my try freezing me up some juice. Any more creative ideas?
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    If you're not thirsty you don't need a drink
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I like a straw. I drink my water much more often and quickly when there is a straw in it.

I use a 24 ounce cup that I purchased with a screw top lid and straw. I fill it up 3-4 times a day, and will definitely put me over my 8 cups a day.

Just remember a cup is only 8 ounces. Most glasses are 12-20 ounces. You may actually be getting plenty of water already.

Totally with a straw!! I really put water down when Im using a straw!
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    drinking with a straw helped me! I have a camelbak and I swear I drink ten gallons a day now
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone who says to use a straw. I think we pull a larger amount of water into our mouths with a straw than we do just tipping up a glass.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    If you're not thirsty you don't need a drink

That's not true. Dehydration starts effecting the body quite a while before our mouth gets the signal. Sorry, desert-dweller here, avoid dehydration is a motivating force in my life. I tend to pass out/faint/vomit/shake/etc. from the heat/dehydration even when I never felt thirsty at all.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I like to jazz up my cups of water with a green tea bag. I'm not that nuts about hot green tea but it adds a nice flavor to cool water. Leave it soak for a few minutes before you drink it.
  • SwiitiPi
    SwiitiPi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know it is not the best for the enviroment but my boyfriend and I buy like 5 cases of bottled water at a time. We don't drink soda and I do but juice but I only use it in my smoothies. I suggest and this has really helped me, I always take at least 3 bottles with me to work everyday. I keep it in plain sight and I get through them faster than you think. Yesterday I finished my last bottle and I still had 2 hours of work left. I ended up buying another. I just love the way my face looks when i drink all this water. I don't have to wear as much make up as I used to.:flowerforyou:
    Hope this helps!
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    squeeze lemon juice in it,