April 2013 Move You *kitten* Challenge

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the April 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge.....

The first MYAC thread was in November 2010 and has been going strong and growing more and more each month.....Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies

1. Set your goal....distance ONLY - preferably miles - no minutes, no # of workouts, no # of steps - DISTANCE.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Monday, April 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL Miles moved.

Please do not post any March miles here...Sara, Janet and I will update our March spreadsheet when the month ends and Dino will do his fancy *kitten* to give us all the awesome stats :) Please add only April goals/miles to this thread.....

The goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....Just set a distance goal and do the work...Sorry we will not be tracking number of workouts or minutes moved on this challenge - ONLY distance....

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we tracks our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month....

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

Link to the google spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As57uSwFQUGJdC1OU0dvNEdQSXpWQzhfYjdTb1plWnc#gid=93

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the BB code and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update.

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I am in once again. Goal is going to be 90 miles this month.

exercise.png
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm in, doing a mixture of walking/jogging/cycling :smile:
    exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm in again this month. Even though I haven't met my running goal in March, I'm keeping it to 60 miles.
    Thanks Denise & Dinos!

We can do this @ss Movers!!
    smiley-big.jpg
  • krayzieroach
    Options
    April starts on a Monday, no excuses lol
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ooo I'd like to join, I'll strive for 50miles :smile:
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm going to up to 200. I see more biking in my near future :bigsmile:

Thank you to all those who input to keep this thread going. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Shooting for 135 in April. Thanks so much!
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,945 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 80 miles this month. Got some unusual events going on that may keep me from doing my usual 100. Welcome back @ss movers!
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for April but I'm going to cut back a little to 30 miles this month
  • saraf3m
    saraf3m Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    New to mfp, and I'd like to join this month please! Setting a goal of 50miles =]

exercise.png
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    'Man Flu' stopped me running for 12 days in March so missed my 75 miles target by 10 miles. Target of running 80 Miles in April and hope to be well enough to stay in the Lime all Month :)
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm def joining :) Going to try 30 miles by the end of April since this is my first challenge ! :)

exercise.png
  • RachelReady2Run
    RachelReady2Run Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am new, but I want in. I've never actually tracked my mileage like this :)

exercise.png
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 60 again.
  • mtc5995
    mtc5995 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I will try for 60.
    exercise.png
  • vvbl39
    vvbl39 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am joining and I want to do 55 miles by the end of April. I will be walking, running, and biking.

26397678.png
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this challenge. I've been tracking kms since January so I thought I might as well join MYAC :) My goal is 350km.

exercise.png
  • littlebugs_momma
    Options
    I'm in! Starting easy with 100 miles cycling. (Well, spin bike, but still. :P)
  • littlebugs_momma
    Options
    I'm in! Starting easy with 100 miles cycling. (Well, spin bike, but still. :P)
  • darcyinmo
    darcyinmo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I fell short last month, but I think Spring is finally here! Going for 100 miles again for April!