Feeling Like a Big Fat Blob of Blubber

Options
I had knee surgery on Tues for a torn meniscus and haven't been able to exercise yet since then. I feel like a big blob of blubber. I can feel my butt growing as I sit on the sofa with my ice packs. I see the doctor on Mon, and also start physical therapy on Mon. Hopefully I will be able to start doing something, even if it's only upper body things. You don't realize how much you begin to miss exercising until you can't do it. Sorry for complaining. I'm just venting.

Replies

• PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Can you do leg lifts with the good leg while you sit there? How about crunches? Can you lift yourself in and out of a chair holding the arm rests to work your arms? Sorry you're having to go through surgery and recovery! You're right that we need to be thankful for every bit of health we have!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Its okay to vent, I would feel frustrated too!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Well once you go to physical therapy, you will start exercising again :) Some of the hardest workouts I've ever had were in physical therapy...although I was there for ankle and knee injuries, we worked a lot on strengthening my core and balance/stability. Tough tough tough. You might not be able to do cardio for a while, but you will definitely get strength work in! Good luck and hope you're recovery goes well!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude! ;) Most people would be saying, "Ahhhhh, Lady of Leisure." But you cannot wait to get back to full exercise.
    For your knee's sake, follow your doctor's advice. But, if you have light weights, you could exercise your arms with multiple light reps. Your doctor will thank you for not ripping loose his beautiful surgical handiwork.
    Take care and congrats on getting your knee fixed.
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for your support!!!