An Epiphany on Easter

Options
It all happened at church this morning. I was already upset because today is also my mom's birthday. She passed away almost 7 years ago. We were actually at church and at the part where the Eucharist is prepared(I'm Catholic). My mind started to get fuzzy and I slowly couldn't talk. I sat down and kept saying, " Dad, I don't feel well." He said I keeled over on my left side but came to and walked with him outside. I am not sure if I was overheated, tired, struggling with fatigue or lack of sleep. He never shows concern for me but today, he did. He made sure I ate breakfast and kept his eyes on me. I am starting to realize how worried my family is about me and my weight issues. I'm talking with a friend and she sees a lot of herself in me. I'm gonna try to go without counting calories for a while but still come on here to offer support. I need to change my outlook and develop a better relationship with food. Yes I've had a success with dropping the weight but am not happy with the number on the scale still...even after dropping over 200 pounds in 3 years. My bones show and loose skin sags. I try to eat right and exercise daily. I know I have an issue with mindset but I'm working on also changing that. I love MFP and have seen so many inspirational success stories. God bless you all and keep up the good work!!!

Replies

• mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bless you friend... I know, too how hard it is when you are missing your Mom / Dad. Easter in particular is harder for me becuase my Mom passed during Holy Week (22 years ago). Once again, I cried. Eucharist (I am Lutheran) is such an important part of our service and moves me every time.

It sounds like you are taking the right approach. Your body is telling you it needs a break.

I am at the same point in my journey. I have lost the weight. Even more than I should have. People tell me I'm too skinny and need to put weight back on. My mind is not quite there yet. I have raised my calorie count A LOT. I'm still logging my food, but trying to not stress about it so much. On a happy note... I wear a dress this morning to church. One that I would never had bought before. Lots of people complimented me, so that felt great.

Take care of yourself. Feel free to friend me, if you need some support in this journey

Easter Blessings to you.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    When I was 13, I passed out in the middle of church. We were right on the front row in the middle of praying, and next thing I know I woke up and I was lying on the floor beneath the pews. I had no idea where I was, I thought I was at home, and was wondering how I got there, when I knew I was at church. I was told the minister stopped the church service to see what the loud noise was. I had not eaten in days, and I got too hot, and out I went.
    My mom passed away the day before Mother's Day in 2008, and my dad passed about a month after Christmas in 1992. It's not only hard dealing with the loss of a loved one during the holidays, but when you add the stress of everyday life on top of it, it's not easy.
    You my friend have come a long way. Losing 200 lbs in 3 years is just simply amazing, and I'm sure your mom would be very proud of you! It took time and patience for you to lose those lbs, and it will take the same thing to tighten your skin up. You do need a break, I read your posts every day, and I think to myself, "How does she do all that?" To me, you are working too hard, and I think you won't results too fast. Don't get me wrong, you are amazing for coming along as far as you have, but there comes a time when your body says it's time to slow down. You will get to where you are comfortable with yourself, it just takes time. You are a wonderful person, don't ever forget that!!
    Many blessings to you!
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    Thanks sweetie -hugs-