Problem Pooping

Options
Hello, this is probably gonna be TMI for most of you, but you know, where else can I go?!

So a week ago, I weighed in at 183.2. Over the course of that week I've be maintaining around 1200 - 1500 calories a day, and working out 5x a week at Title Boxing (which burns around 1,000 calories a class.)

Assuming that, I should be down at least 2lbs this week - but I'm not. I actually gained and I'm at 184.4. It's easy to say that it's muscle weight, but here's the real issue I think..

I haven't pooped in a week. :( I have my daily intake of fiber, I am eating healthy, but for some reason there's a super backlog in me. (And here's where it gets REALLY TMI...) I feel the poop! It's like right there, trying to come out, but no matter how long I sit and try - it won't come out.

I don't know what to do. I'm about ready to order a Papa Johns pizza because I know my lactose intolerance will kick in and turn my stomach upside down, but I don't want to blow my diet on that.

Ideas?

Replies

• pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    A big cup of coffee??
  • Nulookdotbody
    Nulookdotbody Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have had the same issues. If you have not gone before tonight take a dose of milk of magnesia. That will have you feeling better by the morning. Good Luck!
  • stephanieadorman
    stephanieadorman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A big cup of coffee??

Unfortunately, tried that at 8AM this morning with an extra shot of fiber and nothing, at 3:30 :(
  • LadyeAuthiel
    Options
    I would make sure your drinking lots of water, as that can sometimes slow down the system. Hope this helps a little!
  • oncearound
    oncearound Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it, but save the calories and get a Fleets enema. At some point, you are going to get sick to your stomach and it will hurt...bad. Just do it and get it over with.
  • 11MichelleL
    Options
    Drink more water! That is the first step to trying to solve those type of issues. It doesn't always work but you have to try drinking more water first before taking more drastic (medication) steps.

Good luck.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ya, I would try the coffee first and if not you can always try a suppository.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    A big cup of coffee??

This should do it. If you don't like coffee have ten prunes with a glass of WARM water. This is not enough prunes to make you have any bowel urgency, but it is enough to get you moving. Ten prunes is two servings if you are wondering.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I ate cheese and I know prunes help. Just not too many or you'll have the opposite. You wont be able to stop. For me I cut out a lot of fat and fruit. Ate some and better now.
  • stephanieadorman
    Options
    Drink more water! That is the first step to trying to solve those type of issues. It doesn't always work but you have to try drinking more water first before taking more drastic (medication) steps.

Good luck.

I drink on average 8 - 10 glasses of water a day. :( This is so weird for me I have no idea. Normally I have the opposite problem. :(
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    mild dehydration is the most common cause of constipation. Fibre alone doesn't help, you need enough fibre and enough water. Also healthy fat helps keep everything moving.

ginger and peppermint teas (separate teas, I don't think the two go together in one tea lol) may help... or it may just be the water in the teas that helps
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    Adding to coffee, water and other diuretic foods; try prunes, dried figs (fresh figs if you can find any), okra. Those fruits and veggie can do wonders to our plumbing systems. :) Been there. Done that!
  • TorontoGrl
    TorontoGrl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Go vegan, you'll be pooping 2 times per day :)
  • YouTarzanMeVeganJane
    YouTarzanMeVeganJane Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    how about some green tea or prune juice
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Plenty of water, prunes daily and coffee, nice and strong Deffo works
  • sugrfem
    sugrfem Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    use ground flax seed everyday :)
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Every now and then I get a little backed up if my water intake is down from my norm.. I've recently started drinking more water on a regular basis and haven't had that problem since. I went from 64 oz (8 cups) of water a day, up to 80-96 oz (10-12 cups). It seems crazy, but my weight loss plateau is now broken (for good, I hope) and after 3 weeks of this I am steadily losing weight again as well as no more BM troubles.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You need some fat too to keep your system working properly. I noticed that you hardly eat any. Also, are you not eating your exercise calories at all? You should.
  • stephanieadorman
    Options
    You need some fat too to keep your system working properly. I noticed that you hardly eat any. Also, are you not eating your exercise calories at all? You should.

Um... I eat plenty. I just eat low cal / fresh veggies / etc. I have like 6 meals a day.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any new medicine? Pain-killers have the anti-poop effect.
    Or vitamins high in iron can also do that.

When you get it sorted out, I fully expect a celebratory post (without pics).