So, I'm basically there...now what?

SammyLynn010
SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
My goal was to lose 10 pounds, and I've basically done that ---> 9.8! ... I do want to lose a like a pound more I guess to make sure that I did it, lol. But after that happens, then what? lol ... I changed my goals to maintain weight on my profile just to see what I would be dealing with. It gave me almost 500 calories more, that just seems like a ton since I have only been 1200 for 40 days, lol.

What happens if I don't eat all of those everyday? What if I exercise, is it still the same that I need to eat those calories so that I don't waste away to nothing? (haha, kidding) ... Just curious what to do now.

I've been so caught up on 1200 calories and possible exercise calories that I don't know what to do with almost 1700 calories. lol.

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I would add the calories back in slowly (go up 100 calories this week, 100 calories next week). Still keep eating those exercise calories.

It will make the transition easier for you.

HTH.

And, congratulations.:flowerforyou:
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Awesome job!! Congratulations!!

It will take more calories to maintain rather than lose. Trust the system, for now, and make adjustments, if needed, as you go.
  • JillieHobbs
    JillieHobbs Posts: 20
    I am in the same situation. Hitting the maintenance stage and trying to get my mind to wrap around the idea that I need to start eating more. It is a complete adjustment because you feel like you are cheating, but I am trying to trust the system and hope I don't gain anything back. I am currently training for a half marathon and the running really makes the lbs drop off so I have been actually becoming underweight which is not good - it is a science. Definitely keep up the working out, but eat those calories! Play with the numbers as you go, everyone's body is different... GOOD LUCK!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    Yeah, getting there is one thing....staying there is another....personally I know I'm in the range of where i want to be, but I still set my profile to lose a lb a week so I have that added cusion to keep me in range....but then again I also have cheats here and there. I agree with the previous post, add a 100 calories a week til you're there, but make sure you exercise just as much as you have to see if it makes that much of a difference. Congrats by the way!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    Yeah, getting there is one thing....staying there is another....personally I know I'm in the range of where i want to be, but I still set my profile to lose a lb a week so I have that added cusion to keep me in range....but then again I also have cheats here and there. I agree with the previous post, add a 100 calories a week til you're there, but make sure you exercise just as much as you have to see if it makes that much of a difference. Congrats by the way!
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    First, good job! Isn't it amazing to do it?!
    I agree with ViviaKay, slowly add them in.
    And again, good job :) You should be extremely proud of yourself.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Thanks everyone! I am really excited about it... Now given the day I have had today, I won't be able to even think about changing my profile just yet! haha

=D
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I've been on maintenance for 2 weeks. I still take one day off per week. I've done that since the beginning. So far, I've maintained my weight just fine. Some days I go a little under and some days I go a tiny bit over but so far so good. I was surprised that yesterday I was able to eat 1800 calories. Yes it seems like a lot but they give you a calorie deficit to lose weight so it makes sense to add back 400-500 cals for maintenance. Congrats on meeting your goal!
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Congrats. :)
    Try slowly adding more food to each meal and make your way up.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I agree with everyone that said to add them back slowly. Am almost there myself and that is what I plan to do.

And congrats on reaching your goal!
This discussion has been closed.