Even the small accomplishments feel HUGE

Options
I ran my second 5k friday night, which is a great accomplishment for someone over 200lbs, but that isn't what has me doing a happy dance this morning.
After running the 5k I was given some coupons for a sporting goods store here in town, so I thought "Why not go get some summer running gear" Living in Arizona shorts and tank tops are a must in the summer.

I have been really wanting a cute running skirt. The smallest size they had was XL, which is too small, but not by a lot. I thought I would get it and let it become a goal outfit. I also got the cute pink tank top to go with it...also a XL. I got home, thought I would try them on to see how far I had to go, and imagine my surprise when they both fit And I don't mean that I could squeeze myself into them if I held my breath and didn't move...I mean they fit and looked good!!! I even have to sinch the skirt so it wont fall off while I run.

I know some of you are thinking "she HAPPY to be an XL?" I have not seen an XL in years without a 2 or a 3 in front of it. This is a great day for me, and I wanted to say thank you to all the great MFPers out there for your support and encouragement to get me this far. I don't know that I could have done it without you. Oh and also Jillian Michaels, cause the 30 day shred is making me kick my own *kitten*? : )

Replies

• vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I too will be thrilled to get back into an XL which I haven't seen for YEARS, lol. Great accomplishment on both getting into the XL and running the 5K - that is amazing!
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It is an amazing feeling. I too got into an XL in exercise outfit and it felt great not to have to shop in the the Plus Size department. :bigsmile: Yes when you are over 200 and XL is a great accomplishment! Congratulations and many many more happy moments to all of us in the same situation and taking this awesome journey.:flowerforyou:
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    Heck yeah, take pride in your accomplishments!! I just weighed in this morning and finally reached my goal of getting under 290 pounds. Yes, I still have a long way to go (setting goals for every ten pounds), but why should that stop me from focusing on the positive right now. I finally did it!!! We are so accustomed to focusing on the negative. "I lost 3 pounds, BUT...." Stop the BUT's and enjoy the moments. Congratulations!!!! Keep up the awesome work!! Oh, and have fun shopping (I'm sure you'll be starting a new wardrobe now :flowerforyou: )
  • SylvieJacques
    SylvieJacques Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You have all the reasons to be happy. I remembered when I moved from a 2/3 X to XL (which is the first size you find commonly in the normal store), this was a feeling so good. And WOW running 5K no matter what size you are. I still can't and I've reached my goal. This is awesome for you !!!!

BE PROUD OF YOURSELF !!! BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT :)
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! Keep up the great work. I've gone from a 3x back in October to an XL this weekend and am LOVING IT!!! I can actually shop in the regular stores now and it feels awesome!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! That is a huge accomplishment! I'm very proud of you! Keep up the great work!!!
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That is not only wonderful, but inspirational!! I am going to run my first 5K on May 30! Congratulations!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Cheering you on girl! That is a great accomplishment and so glad you are seeing your hard work pay off. Kudos to you on running a 5K too.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hell YEAH!! Way to go!!

Keep up the great work!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is great, all around! You must be feeling great!! :flowerforyou:
  • cildawg1
    cildawg1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! So proud of you. I just hit my first minigoal. (It's so mini that I won't even share it.) But I'm getting a massage from hubby to celebrate it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!