Slow Progress

Options
is it just me or is everyone else progressing faster than me? I feel like in the success threads they are all like, I lost 100 lbs in a year! and I'm like yeah... 2 years, 25 lbs so far.... I know it isn't a contest but sometimes I feel like maybe i'm doing it wrong... I do get off track sometimes and I'm busy with work a lot and that gets in the way sometimes but I always get back on track. Oh well, I'm gonna keep truckin. Anyone else feel the same?

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    As long as you always get back on track that's all that matters. And 25lbs is better than nothing and certainly better than gaining.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Ive got a thread in the successful forums...BUT ive lost 187pounds but its taken me over 6.5 years...so not everyone loses fast...its your own journey dont worry about how fast anyone else does or doesnt go...just run your own race :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to lose 30 pounds... and am currently maintaining with a 5 pound fluctuation.

Sometimes I got jealous, but remembered that everyone is different when it comes to losing and my gains/loses won't always match everyone else.
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    Hi there, my progress is slow too.

I recently saw a Nutritionist to improve my diet in efforts to speed up the process and this is how I met MFP.

From mid-October 2012 to now I've only lost 10 lbs (don't get me wrong, I am damn proud of it!). I have a feeling it is because of my diet. Have you changed your diet? Are you trying to stick below your daily calorie goal?

What is your exercise routine like? Do you workout?

I'm hoping MFP in addition to my training at the gym by myself + with my Trainer will help me to lose more quicker. :smile:

Best of luck to you!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    The real question is how much more do you have to lose?

I've got 25-30 until my goal weight.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my progress is slow too.

I recently saw a Nutritionist to improve my diet in efforts to speed up the process and this is how I met MFP.

From mid-October 2012 to now I've only lost 10 lbs (don't get me wrong, I am damn proud of it!). I have a feeling it is because of my diet. Have you changed your diet? Are you trying to stick below your daily calorie goal?

What is your exercise routine like? Do you workout?

I'm hoping MFP in addition to my training at the gym by myself + with my Trainer will help me to lose more quicker. :smile:

Best of luck to you!

My diet varies. Right now my approach is eat at 15% below my TDEE and try to eat clean but let myself have some treats within my calorie goal.