Rate my Easter Day diary please... I feel awful

2»

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    You sound as if you are being rather over obsessive and extreme, doing 3 workouts when the day is not even bad.
    Seriously. Not a healthy way to view things.
    And really, you need someone else to give you permission to eat again today?
    Maybe you should seek some therapy, as it sounds as if you are heading in a rather negative direction here.

Thanks for being direct and your right I need mental help with this... I appreciate your honesty

Good for you for taking her words as kindness. Having an unhealthy relationship with food does sometimes require an objective outsider to get you on track. It isn't a failing on your part. It's quite common.

Your diary looks good. You don't have to be under, by the way. Think of your calorie goal as a target and try to be plus or minus 100 calories. It's better to be 50 calories over than it is to be 250 calories under.
  • Today is just "one" day in your health journey. Put it behind you and move on.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Take a deep breath. Now blow it out. . . R e l a x . . . You're still under your calorie goals for the day. Have a snack before bed. Start Monday with a new resolve. All is well. Oh, and happy Easter!
  • kerryc76
    kerryc76 Posts: 42 Member
    With all due respect....you view towards food and exercise does not seem healthy. First of all your day is hardly terrible...add to that the fact that it's easter...I think you've done just fine! What worries me that you say you're on your third workout of the day....really? That is over the top. It's amazing that you have lost so much weight but don't become too obsessive about it. Life is about living and every now and then a little splurge...(and trust me yours is a little one) is ok! Are you willing to live the rest of your life like this? I would rather lose the weight a little slower and enjoy my life than freak out over calories all the time....and if I gain a pound of two here and there, so what? Please don't take this the wrong way....I'm just concerned. You are still so young...don't waste your life letting food control you.
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    you need to read my blog I wrote today...totally relates (although the title might not look like it will). Enjoy and please try to relax. One day will not make a difference.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rachpetersen/view/killer-bunnies-512179
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Not bad at all, I wish my day looked like yours! I ate 4000 yesterday (my birthday) and 3000 today and I did NOT do 3 workouts. You have absolutely nothing to feel bad about and if the last meal you ate was at 4, you should definitely still have some dinner before bed - especially with all the exercise you did today!
  • carolinesparkle
    carolinesparkle Posts: 60 Member
    I was about 600 over but I had known all week that it would happen. I wasn't going to deny myself or seem a kill-joy with my children for not eating my chocolate eggs! Don't worry about it, its one day only. Start again tomorrow :)
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    With all due respect....you view towards food and exercise does not seem healthy. First of all your day is hardly terrible...add to that the fact that it's easter...I think you've done just fine! What worries me that you say you're on your third workout of the day....really? That is over the top. It's amazing that you have lost so much weight but don't become too obsessive about it. Life is about living and every now and then a little splurge...(and trust me yours is a little one) is ok! Are you willing to live the rest of your life like this? I would rather lose the weight a little slower and enjoy my life than freak out over calories all the time....and if I gain a pound of two here and there, so what? Please don't take this the wrong way....I'm just concerned. You are still so young...don't waste your life letting food control you.

This this this.
    I couldn't have said it better.
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    I overate by at least 300 calories, and I enjoyed every single bite. I knew very well that I was going over, and I purposely planned my week so I could eat overload today. I didn't choose the most prime-healthy choices either, but its one day. One day out of the months I eat well without splurging. So I feel no guilt what so ever. In fact, I think it does some good to get a little comfort food every once in a while. Keeps me from devouring every "empty calorie" food at thanksgiving and christmas when I splurge a little on all holidays :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    lol. I thought this was a joke at first, but I'll just say I've done way worse. Good on exercising cause I wouldn't have done that much
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    What's the matter with you? You're inside calories and doing good on all counts. So you enjoyed Easter Sunday just like half of the world did. Stop beating yourself up and enjoy your life! By the way you look fab anyway!!
  • i was expecting worse
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Everything looks good so far , take one day at the time and don't stress over it ... people has the tendency to over analyze food while working out (I'm one of them lol )
    Have fun , if you steel hungry get some broccoli , tuna or beef jerky ... remember that proteins makes you feel full ... I hope this helps :)
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Calculate your MAINTENANCE number. Write it down, remember it. When you think you are having a "bad" day or week. Think about THIS number, This number means you probably won't lose but you surely won't gain! Let this number put things in perspective for you!

I was over the most today since I started tracking 9 weeks ago. But this high number was still 400 below my maintenance number :wink:

Love yourself :flowerforyou: