Hello !

Options
This is a new journey for me and I have been on here two weeks and I think it is time for me to get friends, but I guess I might have some different reasons than some people.

I am 27 years old and when I started two weeks ago I weighed 242 lbs. I was fit in high school but starting college had a lot of emotional things get me down and made me not care anymore. I knew I was getting big but I guess everytime I looked in the mirror I always thought I could look worse. So many times I told people I was ok with my weight and for the most part I was . I have two beautiful daughters who are 6 and 7, and me and my husband decided we want to try for a boy :) Me and my best friend always joked that we would have our next kids together so in January we both started lightly trying , she has always had trouble getting pregnant so I was sure I would end up pregnant first.... We were both late for our TOM in March so of course we both get excited we both test and she gets a beautiful big fat positive and I get a negative.....and another .... and another for the next week before Aunt Flo decides to visit me....which crushed me but was my turning point that I want to lose this weight and my reward will be to get pregnant. I know how weird that sounds to want to lose weight just so I can gain it back....lol... My goal to get pregnant is 160 to 170 lbs.

BEFORE MFP-
I ate mostly healthy ( I consider healthy compared to some people but prolly not to some off the hardcare health nuts) but I didn't eat much throughout the day and wondered if I didn't already have my body in some sort of starvation mode because I never really lost weight or gain but maintained between 237 and 242. Since I started MFP I feel like I am constantly eating to try and get close to this goal they gave me (1200 calories) did my first weigh in during my TOM and I weighed 242. I would like to be around 140 so I am looking at a 102 lb weight loss. I want to get pregnant around 160-170 then continue after baby.

My first week I felt I did good I watched my calories and tried to keep up on my macros and exercise (I was very sedentary before MFP), at weigh-in I weighed 233, a 9 pound loss granted most of that was prolly water weight and bloat from TOM. My second week weight was 235 for a 2 pound gain I did not do as well my second week my husband was sick and he is my "support partner" so I did not work out like I should have.

I have also been playing with my numbers calories protein etc. My fitness pal put me at 1200 calories but I feel that might be too low, I originally said I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week but I don't want to slow down my metabalism so I think starting higher and losing slower might be better.

I do not want this to be a diet I want it to be attainable and continual. I do not want to cut out anything specific or do any drastic changes. I know there are plenty of changes I could make right now and I want to do this slowly so as not to get defeated in spirit.
I want to slowly add or take away things so that it will be easier for me. This week I have tried to add more protein and eat more whole grains.

I am not a big bread eater, I do like sweets and I tend to do good with fiber due to my love of green veggies ( love broccoli and cabbage and spinach !)

My worst issue is exercise getting motivated to do it is hard I have a hip disease from childhood which I have babied for too long and avoided exercise. I cant do much weight bearing for long periods or I pay for it at the end of the day . So please everyone you are more than welcome to look at my diary and let me know what small changes I can make. I really want to keep my food as close to normal as possible making small changes until the new things are normal ....

Also any advice on what my calorie intake and my macros should be I would love some advice !!!

BTW- I tried greek yogurt ( I don't like regular yogurt too tangy) and the greek is beyond nasty but the protein would be good for me so I desperately need ideas on how to eat it....

Thanks for all the help in this journey ! Any advice??