2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
12 (7 inch) corn tortillas
1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (8 ounce) package shredded fat free cheddar cheese
Directions
1.Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat, and boil the sweet potatoes until tender, about 30 minutes. Cool and peel the sweet potatoes.
2.Place the sweet potatoes in a bowl, and mash them with the cream cheese, green onions, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, until well mixed.
3.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
4.Heat pan and fry the tortillas with pam, one at a time, for about 30 seconds per side. Remove tortillas.
5.Place about 1/3 cup of sweet potato filling down the center of each tortilla, roll it up, and place filled tortillas seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas, and sprinkle with fat free cheddar cheese.
6.Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the enchiladas are bubbling and the cheese is beginning to brown.

This makes a LOT of food, so the recipe could easily be cut back to meet your families needs.

Replies

• metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good, would you happen to have the nutritional values on them ? I am really trying to keep up on tracking my food diary accurately this time. Last time i got off track with it and gained so much weight back. Thanks in advance for any info you might have. Wishing you a blessed and successful day
  • GreenieBean
    GreenieBean Posts: 64
    Options
    WOW sounds sooo good! Vegetarian, too! Awesome, I will definitely make this. Thanks for sharing
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    to keep the sweet pot's even more nutritious I would suggest steaming them instead of boiling them. Great recipe though.
  • veggieheadie
    Options
    That sounds really good, would you happen to have the nutritional values on them ? I am really trying to keep up on tracking my food diary accurately this time. Last time i got off track with it and gained so much weight back. Thanks in advance for any info you might have. Wishing you a blessed and successful day

I figured all the ingredients up to be about 1810 calories for the entire recipe. This recipe yeilds close to 8 servings. So it's about 223 calories per serving. I also like the idea of steaming the potatoes to keep the nutritional value intact like the MattySparky suggested. I liked that this is a vegetarian meal and even better----It's cheap and yeilds a lot of food.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    www.sparkpeople.com has a great recipe caculator:happy:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • samantha115
    samantha115 Posts: 371
    Options
    wow. this sounds so good. totally bumping it.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    bump! cant wait to try it
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    ooh yummy! I wonder if this would freeze well to make ahead. Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    I have a funny feeling the sweet potato would go black in the freezer but Im not sure.... I know it would refrigerate well to make ahead of time though LOL.
  • stamps4fun
    stamps4fun Posts: 33
    Options
    i have seen frozen sweet potato patties in the store. they just look like slices of sweet potato. they would be cooked before freezing if you made this dish ahead so should not turn black when already cooked.
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    this sounds so good!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I'm not sure I could get my kiddos to try this, but that just means more lunches for me!
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    saving to my topics- yum!
  • AnLucia
    AnLucia Posts: 15
    Options
    Yum! I'm eating a sweet potato now. Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it!
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    oooooo myyyyy gooooosh!!!!!! :glasses: This sounds amazing!

1 problem - I am the only one in the household that likes sweet potatoes :cry:
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    I've gotta try this.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Yum!