Why do I keep doing this????

kimmie0627
kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
I started on here 4 months ago. I did so well till the past few weeks. I lost weight during the holidays. I am just at the end of my rope.
I start out the morning thinking I will stick to my diet plan today. And at lunch I make horrible choices. The problem is as I am making these choices I am saying to my self this is not the right thing to do. Then I as I eat it I am saying this is going to screw up your day. And when I finish i feel like crap, which then makes it worst, cause I then say screw it I messed up already why not eat everything in sight.
Why am I doing this??? I lost 20 pounds so far. I have 15 to go. How can i get my self back on track???

Replies

• spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    I do this too, it's like some sort of self destruct button. When it happens to me, i just accept it and move on, but if i feel like it is going to happen again i remember how crap i felt doing it, and how good it feels to be wearing a smaller size! it usually works, but not always.
  • wlccoach
    wlccoach Posts: 7
    Hi there!
    Best thing to do is plan your meals for the day...a day ahead. Put it into MFP and stick with it. You'll know your calorie intake before the day even starts. Keep focused and CHOOSE to make it work! You can do it!
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    I have done this...many times! You eat the wrong things and you feel disgusted with yourself. To be honest, I still catch myself doing it every once in a while. What helps me the most is to already plan out what I'm going to eat. Don't give yourself the option to choose something else, even prepare the food ahead of time if you have to. If you can get through a couple times of sticking to your plan, you will want to do it more often because you feel good about it at the end of the day. I also allow myself to have treats (within reason) so I don't go without for so long and then want to pig out on a bunch of junk. If you plan what you're going to eat, and factor in your exercise, you can see how many calories you'll have to spend and can even schedule an indulgence for the day. For me, the more I plan, the easier it gets. Busy schedules don't always allow this, but remember to be conscious of your choices and don't give up. One mistake doesn't mean you've blown your whole day, or your whole diet plan. Just remember how you feel after you make that mistake, and remind yourself of it the next time you're going to make a choice about what to eat. Hang in there, I know you can get back on track and feel better than ever. You have unlimited support here, I hope we all help you work towards your goals. Good luck!!!!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Same here--even though it kinda sucks to be eating dried out carrots (packed the night before) at lunch when everyone else eats burgers and fries, it feels so much better when I step on the scale and see the weight come down... my rule is that if I'm good all week and follow my meal plans, and have a good breakfast and lunch on Friday, then Friday evening is "time off" and I can eat whatever I want. (This also works because by the time I've adjusted to healthy food from the rest of the week, my body kind of rejects anything really greasy or sugary, so it serves as a reminder why I'm not eating junk.) And, like everyone else says, sometimes you make a bad choice (or your body just says "I need more calories" and refuses to work with you until you eat something)--don't obsess, just move on. You can do it!!
This discussion has been closed.