New to MFP, confused about something....

Options
Hi there, I noticed that on the first day I started MFP my Daily Calorie Goal (DCG) was = 1,406 and I went 69 points over for the day. (tsk, tsk, I know). Then on Saturday I noticed that the DCG was = 1,597 and I went 240 points over (ya, I'm still getting a hang of this, hahaha). Today my DCG was = 1,310 and I had 208 points to spare... went to tomorrow's diary and my DCG is the same as today, 1,310.

My question is, if you go over your DCG one day, does it go lower the following days to encourage you to eat less? I'm just curious why my DCG is changing.

Thanks!
Emmalee :smile:

Replies

37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise? Because if you do it will change your goal.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Your daily calorie goal increases when you exercise. So if you have added exercise to your diary, you "earn" more calories to eat. Mfp doesn't adjust your daily goal based on your overages/underages (if it did, I wouldn't be allowed to eat again for another month lol).
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no idea-SORRY! no wonder youre confused! You could use a daily calorie calculator from elsewhere and change your goal manually on here, if it doesnt rectify itself.
    And welcome im a newbie too :)
  • bigkahuna66
    bigkahuna66 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it changes unless you go in and edit your goals. I know I was playing with my goals and calorie intake one day, then went back to my original settings and my goal calories had changed.
  • mflindsey1012
    Options
    Welcome aboard and its the exercise like previously posted. :glasses:
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    Thank you!!! I get it now, I had completely forgot that on Friday & Saturday I added some activity to my exercise diary. lol. This is what made the difference and you ladies are correct! I'm so focused on the eating that I'm forgetting the exercise diary.
  • cactus26
    cactus26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Another newbie here. So glad to see all the posts. It's so inspiring to read about others trying to reach the same goals as me. I don't feel so alone. It seems so real to achieve my goals when I read that others have tried and succeeded. Looking forward to keeping in touch with some new folks/friends. Thanks for the info on how this site works :) Cactus26