How do I make my naturally muscular thighs smaller?

I hate them so much... I want to get into smaller jeans, but it seems like the only 2 things that are getting smaller is my stomach and my boobs! I need some guidance and support. Im very frustrated that my body also just doesnt feel like loosing weight right noe
I was loosing weight very rapidly for a while. Every day the numbers would either go down or stay the same, now it seems like the numbers keep creeping up, up and away. If someone would like to message me personally that would be completly wonderful as well!

Replies

• kcallas88
    kcallas88 Posts: 192
    some more helpful info to supply so people could really help you would be

1) how many calories are you eating a day?
    2) how often do you work out? what kinds of workouts?
  • kcallas88
    kcallas88 Posts: 192
    and maybe try to learn to love your thighs. i have naturally muscular thighs as well and im growing slowly to love them. although, i am realizing strength training is helping to shape them and make them look better then just huge muscular things.
  • jestersand
    jestersand Posts: 61 Member
    Everyone's body is different and will lose fat deposit in different places. My stomach is the last to go, so I envy you on that. You can start doing lunges to build a nice toned muscle there, but you will have to sacrifice size for now. I swear by lunges. They work the largest muscle on your body and they make your legs look great. Mine look bulky in my picture, but that;s okay because I still have 30lbs of fat to loose. Once I do that, I will end up with a lean, fat burning machine. My jeans are tighter, but it's a sacrifice for now. be patient, and play around with your calorie intake and the intensity of your workouts. You want to breathe and sweat hard! It's the only way.
  • some more helpful info to supply so people could really help you would be

For the most part I havent been eating enough. Somewhere between 500-800 calories) please, pleade dont scold me. I am working very hard and FIGHTING to be healthy. I work out 5 days a week for about 3 hours each day (Mon-Fri) I mostly run and llift weights for gym and do lots of other strength training type things. Also, before you say I work out too much Its because Im in track and have a gym class!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Oh dear. I am not scolding you but, as a young and developing track athlete, you need not be following a semi-starvation diet - especially for something silly as wanting to fit into smaller jeans. There are clothing lines made specifically for athletic, shapely women. Look into those.

Another thing - weighing less will lead to faster times initially. However, your body will eventually break down due to lack of nutrition and your performance and health will suffer. Track ranks in the top three sports for eating disorders. Please snap out of it before you seriously harm yourself. Semi-starvation diets among developing adolescents can lead to irreversible damage such as stunting peak bone mass density which may not be recoverable even with hormone therapy or calcium supplementation.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member

For the most part I havent been eating enough. Somewhere between 500-800 calories) please, pleade dont scold me. I am working very hard and FIGHTING to be healthy. I work out 5 days a week for about 3 hours each day (Mon-Fri) I mostly run and llift weights for gym and do lots of other strength training type things. Also, before you say I work out too much Its because Im in track and have a gym class!

Eat.

thats how you FIGHT to be healthy.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

Eat.

thats how you FIGHT to be healthy.

This. Please treat your body with kindness and respect.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Food and muscles are your friends! Especially if you're so active - you need fuel. I've been in your shoes... Trust me on this one.
  • kpstacy
    kpstacy Posts: 41 Member
    Send some my way!!! LOL, I would give anything to have thick muscular thighs.... but my genes dictate thin thighs no matter how much leg work I do. Your body is your body.... love it the way it is!!!!! :) Now, as far as your calories, no scolding, but very concerned... why are you doing this???? You have to know that it is not healthy in the long run.... Healthy is not eating so little you will hurt yourself.... it is making good choices to fuel the body.... please work on this. And anyone who tells you it's okay to workout 3 hours a day and eat that little needs to ...... well, I won't say what I want to... but you get the pic!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Muscular thighs are beautiful, feminine and strong at the same time.
  • I know this is discussing about thighs but I was wondering the same about my calves. My lower body is shaped awkwardly: my legs are short, my hips are big, my thighs are big, my calves ARE HUGE (muscle), but I have chicken legs. I suppose I shouldn't complain about having muscular legs but being proportionate would be nice.
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member

Please check into this, especially with working out 3 hours a day. Working out is great. But you are starving your body and it will shut down on you. While it works in the short term, you start gaining weight because your body thinks it is starving.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Some people just have naturally muscular thighs.. can't think of any way to really reduce them if they are indeed muscular. Definitely agree about not starving yourself especially if you workout 3 hrs a day.. I only work out for 45-75 minutes a day and I have to net atleast 1700..
  • ThorATK
    ThorATK Posts: 33 Member
    Muscular thighs are beautiful, feminine and strong at the same time.

Strong this
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Working out that much you should be eating WAAAAAAAAY more than you are. That's not scolding, that's genuine concern for your health. Your body needs food to survive and you're starving it.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Oh. Christ. (pardon the easter pun).

You need to fricken eat. A LOT MORE. You my dear will do yourself no favors if you do not eat. Take everyone elses advice.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Your relationship with food and your body doesn't sound healthy. Is there someone you can talk to? A parent, counselor, older sibling, even a doctor? You need to eat to be healthy. 1500 - 1800 calories a day, maybe more.

Big muscular thighs are healthy, sexy and beautiful. You need to stop trying to force your body to be something it's not. You sound like you are built like I am. I spent a good portion of my life hating my thighs and only the last few years liking them. A LOT of women are shaped like us. It's natural and healthy.
  • Oh dear. I am not scolding you but, as a young and developing track athlete, you need not be following a semi-starvation diet - especially for something silly as wanting to fit into smaller jeans. There are clothing lines made specifically for athletic, shapely women. Look into those.

Another thing - weighing less will lead to faster times initially. However, your body will eventually break down due to lack of nutrition and your performance and health will suffer. Track ranks in the top three sports for eating disorders. Please snap out of it before you seriously harm yourself. Semi-starvation diets among developing adolescents can lead to irreversible damage such as stunting peak bone mass density which may not be recoverable even with hormone therapy or calcium supplementation.

I appreciate your input! I am trying very hard to be healthy and eat properly to loose weight because I do understand the dangers. My legs are just naturally big and they always have been. So I guess I dont think the athletic lines would be helpful. Thanks for the suggestiom though! Also, I just want smaller legs for when shorts weather comes around!
  • Your relationship with food and your body doesn't sound healthy. Is there someone you can talk to? A parent, counselor, older sibling, even a doctor? You need to eat to be healthy. 1500 - 1800 calories a day, maybe more.

Big muscular thighs are healthy, sexy and beautiful. You need to stop trying to force your body to be something it's not. You sound like you are built like I am. I spent a good portion of my life hating my thighs and only the last few years liking them. A LOT of women are shaped like us. It's natural and healthy.

It is a bit unhealthy, but I am talking to someone about it to keep me in check! Honestly though, 1500 calories sounds scary. I can do 1000 and be a little uncomfortable. But anything over that doesnt make me feel very good (I kid you not, I actually feel sick). I honestly dont see it a "sexy", on me anyways. I just feel gross. What helped you get over those feelings and begin to love your thighs?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Your relationship with food and your body doesn't sound healthy. Is there someone you can talk to? A parent, counselor, older sibling, even a doctor? You need to eat to be healthy. 1500 - 1800 calories a day, maybe more.

It is a bit unhealthy, but I am talking to someone about it to keep me in check! Honestly though, 1500 calories sounds scary. I can do 1000 and be a little uncomfortable. But anything over that doesnt make me feel very good (I kid you not, I actually feel sick). I honestly dont see it a "sexy", on me anyways. I just feel gross. What helped you get over those feelings and begin to love your thighs?

Are you talking to a counselor about your food and body image issues? More calories can be scary at first but it is the healthy way to go. I think the suggestion about changing the cut of jeans that you buy was a good one. I used to get so depressed that I couldn't fit into the Juniors jeans. Once I switched to Misses I felt a lot better about my body because the clothes fit right.