MFP take two!

Last year I made a New Years Resolution to lose weight. With the help of myfitnesspal I was able to lose 20lbs in just under six months. I learned lots and felt great. However with work and family stress I fell back into my old ways and have gained 15 of it back. To exercise and eat healthy certainly takes work and almost obsesive dedication.
Starting now I am going to restart the journey. I am going to lose 30lbs. This time however I am really going to focus on lifestyle changes so that I can keep the weight off and feel better about myself. Honestly I feel terrible right now. I am out of shape and probably can't even do 5 push ups. Sad. If I kept up my current diet I would certainly keep on adding weight and fall into the family trap of diabetes. One of my focuses this time will be to keep a journal and get help and inspiration from others.

Replies

• anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Wish you all the best. You're right, it's about making permanent changes in a food plan and developing an exercise habit. You can so do this. Just don't give up through the tough times and set backs. Keep learning about nutrition.
  • I know exactly how you feel i been trying for years to lose the weight and a year and a half ago i had surgery to repair a hernia in the belly button and i went from 175 give or take to 200 lbs and i felt like crap always blamed my weight on the surgery and how i could not do anything about it wouldnt even go outside.Well i have a 12 yr old son who likes to throw the football and stuff and i got tired of disappointing him so this year with the help of my sister-law she gave me weight watcher tips and guides to follow so i use that as well myfitness pal and i started my diet plan on jan 5 2013 and as of last week i have lost 20lbs i am now able to do lightwork outs like walk the treadmill for 60 mins on moderate speed.i know what your going through with putting it back on but with dedication and strong mind i believe you can do it i never changed what i ate just how much of it the 2 diets combined keep me where i am i want to lose at least another 10 -15 lbs and im good so good luck with your new start if u need help just ask