Making great orogress

Options
Just wanted to brag. My wife and I have been using this site since January 1st. Excercise and diet are the most important aspects of our lives right now. I have lost 25 lbs and she has lost 23 lbs. We are never hungry, we eat 5 times a day, we excercise every night after work and before dinner and we even have been treating ourselves to a Saturday night dinner out, choosing wisely from the menu. Our co-workers are noticing our new shapes and asking questions. If we can dothis, anybody can. Some weeks we didn't loose even a pound, the next week we were down 2 lbs, but over the 12 weels we have been doing this it has averaged about 2 lbs per week. We are keeping it up an hopeing to drop a few more.

Replies

• byeuboy
    byeuboy Posts: 25
    Options
    Just wanted to brag. My wife and I have been using this site since January 1st. Excercise and diet are the most important aspects of our lives right now. I have lost 25 lbs and she has lost 23 lbs. We are never hungry, we eat 5 times a day, we excercise every night after work and before dinner and we even have been treating ourselves to a Saturday night dinner out, choosing wisely from the menu. Our co-workers are noticing our new shapes and asking questions. If we can dothis, anybody can. Some weeks we didn't loose even a pound, the next week we were down 2 lbs, but over the 12 weels we have been doing this it has averaged about 2 lbs per week. We are keeping it up an hopeing to drop a few more.
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Options
    Congratulations! :smile:

It's so nice to make it a team effort, isn't it?
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    me too 27 lbs here and wife 15 lbs for the first time and going down (she was going to gym for yr never lost a pound changed how we eat and this site.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Congratulations to you and your Wife:drinker: :drinker:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    me too 27 lbs here and wife 15 lbs for the first time and going down (she was going to gym for yr never lost a pound changed how we eat and this site.

:drinker: :drinker: Congratulations Eriny and to your Wife:drinker: :drinker:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Wow, I love team stories!!!! You guys have every right to brag!!! Congratulations!!!! My husband and I are on here together too, and have seen huge success! This site is fantastic!!!!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's so great!

I've been trying to get my husband on here for a while, but I'm not sure he's committed enought yet... We'll keep trying!
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I have always thought that it has got to be easier to do as a team effort. I would love to get my husband to do this with me! I think it would be much easier at meal time and exercise time to have someone right by your side. he supports me in this journey but it is not the same.

Kudo's to you and wife!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I'm only 3 weeks in, so it's nice to hear you say that some weeks you lose nothing, and other weeks more, so that it averages 2 lbs (I only lost 1 lb last week!) :grumble:

Keep up the great work and post to let us know how you do - it inspires us to keep going!
    :flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    congrats! My hubby has lost 25 and I am so proud, even though I'm still sitting at 10:tongue: Good for you guys that's awesome!!!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    thanks aunt karen
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone! I've lost 17 and my husband has lost 15. He laughed at me when I joined and said he could do it w/o the site, but he quit laughing after I lost weight and he didn't! Then he joined too. Now he bugs me all the time to enter the meals I make into the food database so he can log them. It is nicer with a buddy isn't it?