Ideas for 200-250 calorie snacks?

Options
rainbowws
rainbowws Posts: 41
Hey!!

I've got about 200/250 calories to spare at the end of the day and just wondering if anyone has any low fat recipes or ideas for a snack?

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    The strawberries are out of this world right now. Yummy. strawberry with low fat whipped cream would be great. Hummmmm, have to go shopping.
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    Almonds and String cheese, half a peanut butter sandwich, or maybe sliced apple with some peanut butter. Hope that helps!:flowerforyou:
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    Apple and Peanut Butter Sandwiches

8 apple slices
    2 tbsp peanut better

Take to apple slices and put a little bit of peanut butter. Make 4 sandwiches

Apprx. 200 cals.
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

I've got about 200/250 calories to spare at the end of the day and just wondering if anyone has any low fat recipes or ideas for a snack?

Special k bars ( they have vanilla crisp, blueberry, strawberry and a slew of others) are only 90 calories and theyre fiber plus bars are 120/130 calories. they are ALL fantastically delicious and especially the fiberplus ones, are filling. Theyre *JUST* sweet enough to curb that sweet tooth if you have one....I also eat a salad or some fruit. An apple only has between 40-80 cals ( depending on what KIND and how BIG of an apple it is). :)
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    A mini-bagel (whole wheat), or a sandwich thin, or a Thomas bagel thin with "everything" (my favorite)
    a tablespoon of low fat cream cheese spread on both halves (one tablespoon total)
    slices of English cucumber placed between the halves.

YUM..just talked myself into having one now!!
  • melville88
    melville88 Posts: 137
    Options
    A bit of cereal? Do you want something that's low-fat too? Why not a piece of toast with some baked beans? or tuna with mixed beans and vinaigrette salad dressing- totally filling. If you want something sweet, how about a few hadrawi dates? They're so delicious and good for fibre too. Or carrot sticks and houmous? (houmous can be quite fattening but there are quite a lot of recipes on this site for home made houmous, so easy to make and you can use less oil than the recipe states if necessary!). Or what about a banana milkshake? (home made- Banana + milk + ice + honey + blender...) xxx
  • Shannon4J
    Shannon4J Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I second the Apple & peanut Butter!!! I get the Low Fat PB at Trader Joes: Wonder Natural Foods - Bettter'n Peanut Butter Serving Size is 2 TBS & is 100Calories with 2g of fat. Plus your apple with skin is about 100 (give or take) :D

Also, Raw Nuts are a good natural high calorie snack, not low fat, but they are the good kind of fats. :D
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I enjoy plain yogurt mixed with either:
    1) honey & cinnamon
    2) hershey's cocoa powder, shredded coconut & packet of sweetener
    3) fresh strawberries!!!!

Loads of protein and packed with pro-biotics & anti-oxidants no matter which mix-in you use.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    A bowl of Cheerios. Yum!
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    A 100 calorie sandwich thin with hummus.
  • MeganJo
    MeganJo Posts: 69
    Options
    I usually eat this for breakfast but it's really good and could be an easy snack too!

1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt (I use plain but really you could use any flavor)
    1/2 cup fiber one
    1/4-1/2 cup berries of your choosing

When I just use 1/4 cup of berries (half blackberries and half raspberries) it winds up being about 160 calories and it fills you up nicely =]
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    6 oz. greek yogurt
    half a scoop of chocolate protein
    one tablespoon of peanut butter

mix well. Like a chocolate peanutbutter pie cake filling...
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I love arrowroot cookies. Mmmmmmm and popcorn of course
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    I hand full of baby carrots and a couple of tbsp of hummus. Yumm-o
  • ZulyC
    ZulyC Posts: 19
    Options
    I second the Apple & peanut Butter!!! I get the Low Fat PB at Trader Joes: Wonder Natural Foods - Bettter'n Peanut Butter Serving Size is 2 TBS & is 100Calories with 2g of fat. Plus your apple with skin is about 100 (give or take) :D

Also, Raw Nuts are a good natural high calorie snack, not low fat, but they are the good kind of fats. :D
  • ZulyC
    ZulyC Posts: 19
    Options
    What's the sugar content on that peanut butter? I buy the Smart Balance peanut butter because it only has 1 g of sugar, but it's higher in calories and fat than the one you mentioned. I'm diabetic, so I have to watch my sugar intake.
  • drohde12
    drohde12 Posts: 22
    Options
    1 String cheese and 1 serving of Hormel Turkey Pepperoni (about 150-200 calories)

Clif Z Bars (130 calories)
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    my two cents here...stay away from carbs at night, try to make your snack a protein based one. Nuts, peanut butter, egg white omelette, some cooked chicken breast, cottage cheese, tuna, that kind of thing.
  • Maude52
    Maude52 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually do 2 stalks of celery and a tablespoon and a half of peanut butter. It keeps me full until morning :)
  • ellesi
    ellesi Posts: 7
    Options
    i am not sure this is what you are looking for but I found a way to make a sandwich with only 263 calories, 17g protein, 34g carbs, and 6g of fat. :)

2 slices of Alvardo street bakery sprouted sourdough bread -160 cal (can be found in some health food stores)
    Romaine lettuce- 8 cal
    1 slice of tomato- 2 cal
    1 slice provolone cheese- 60 cal
    3 slices of oscar Myers deli fresh honey smoked turkey breast- 25 cal
    1/2 serving of helman's reduced fat mayo- 8 cal
    mustard- as much as i feel like! (no cals!! :)

I used an app on my phone to calculate the calories, so it should be accurate :)