charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Kettle Potato Chips

OMG Yes!!
    Oh great...now im thinking about them lol
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    nothing, I'm not cutting anything out completely. sometimes you can indulge, remembering to keep it under reasonable amounts..
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    muffaletta's and mashed potato loaded with butter and salt.
  • kazzie3179
    Options
    I miss chocolate and icecream :cry:

I now others have been saying they still have the foods they love ... but for me that doesn't work ... cause I find it much easier to say "NO!!!!!!!!!!" .. than to say I will just have a little bit. Cause the little bit turns into more than a little bit .. and what I have today turns into more tomorrow. With sugar I always want more ...

SO until I take the weight off there is no chocolate and icecream for me. Then I have to try hard again to restrict it. For some that seems to be easy .. for me it is not.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    I was wondering which foods you all miss the most in your new healthy life?
    And im already assuming someones going to say chocolate :)

I just miss eating stuff in large/epic portions - they were awesome *dreaming* :love:
    I would say I miss pizza because I tend to steer clear of them nowadays - they tend to not make me full and I sort of binge on the Domino / pizza hut ones xD (Sucker for fast foood here) :drinker:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Why would you eliminate chocolate?! I haven't eliminated anything, really, I just cut down on the amounts of it and substitute healthier versions when I can. For example, I like some dark chocolate every day. It's stronger, so you don't need to eat much to satisfy a craving. I use a lot of cocoa powder too. Plus, it's got some antioxidants in it, so that's a bonus.

The only thing I miss is cheese and I didn't eliminate it for weight control. I eliminated it because my doctor and I discovered I have an intolerance for milk protein (casein). I wouldn't eliminate anything unless I was willing to make it permanent. I could see eliminating soda and juice, though, because those are mostly just empty calories. I'd rather save those calories for food! Generally, whatever you do to lose the weight needs to be continued in order to keep it off. :drinker:
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love friend chicken and hot sauce. Before, I could put away 5-6 breasts. Now I eat one and I'm good. :) I also give my skin to my 5 year old little brother... (yep, I know it isn't the best. Sue me.)
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Deprivation is not healthy, I don't miss anything :) ill have anything I want in moderation.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    Options
    If I felt like I was missing out on foods I enjoy, I would not think my life was healthy.

^^ This. As long as overall your days are filled with healthy eating, the occassional "unhealthy" food will not change anything about your health.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I eat healthy and unhealthy. There's a balance, of course. Eating in moderation, etc etc.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    Options
    I understand what youre all saying but if in one day i ate pizza and icecream (in reasonable portions) that would be the majority of my daily calorie allowance gone...and by the time youve worked off a 500 cal pizza portion youll have been in the gym nearly 2 hours (from my own fitness level and past experience). Id rather just lose the food.

So what do you honestly think if you go over your daily calories once a week, once a month? You're going to gain all the fat back? Darling, read a little, edcate yourself and you'll be able to enjoy all those things (pizza and ice cream!) in moderation without feeling like you have to hit the gym over-time ;)
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    So what do you honestly think if you go over your daily calories once a week, once a month? You're going to gain all the fat back? Darling, read a little, edcate yourself and you'll be able to enjoy all those things (pizza and ice cream!) in moderation without feeling like you have to hit the gym over-time ;)
    edcate yourself

Maybe it's because it's late, or maybe it's because I've eaten a lot of sugar.

But that made me giggle like a maniac. Cheers.
  • Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have not given up anything with 2 exceptions:
    1. Sweets like Haribo and wine gums ( would eat a whole bag without blinking previously) one bag of sweets has the same calories as a filling meal but the sweets have zero nutritional value. I eat fruit instead.
    2. Chips (UK) French fries (US) I still love them but can't justify the calories.
  • mjcook4316
    Options
    The chocolate brownie ice cream that I buy for my 27-year-old son beckons me enticingly from the shelf in the freezer, natural peanut butter by the spoonfuls (right out of the jar!) makes me drool as I pass by the pantry. Last night, we had a family meal at my middle daughter's. After the home-made, whole wheat, turkey lazanha and steamed vegetables, she served her homemade buttermilk pie and chocolate cake. I wanted huge servings of each, but limited myself to half a slice of the pie. Sweets have always been my main temptation.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I don't miss anything really.

The thought of disgusting greasy fast food makes me want to heave.

A nice cheeseboard maybe? But I'll have one at Christmas.

My current diet is exactly what I want to eat now.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    Options
    edcate yourself

Maybe it's because it's late, or maybe it's because I've eaten a lot of sugar.

But that made me giggle like a maniac. Cheers.

EDUUUUCATE. Let me take a wild guess: you had chocolate!!! Don't forget to burn it off in the gym tomorrow :wink:
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    I was wondering which foods you all miss the most in your new healthy life?

I eat a little chocolate every day. Once a month or so, I eat a lot of chocolate.
    Once a month or so, I eat a whole small pizza over 2 meals. with a coke.
    Sometimes, I eat ice cream, 300 calories can fit into my day pretty easily if the rest of my day is reasonable. Last month, I ate a whole pint in 2 days, made it all average out by the end of the week and was still at a caloric deficit.
    My BIG one though, is a toasted bagel sandwich with a ton of cream cheese, crispy bacon, and a couple of eggs. I'm drooling just thinking about it, but at around 1000 calories, I save that for days when I have been on a long hike. I haven't given it up completely though. I haven't given up anything completely, and I think that's part my success.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I miss Risifrutti and reissumies, but that's because we don't have them in the States. I don't give up stuff I like if it's available--I just fit it into my day's calories and enjoy it.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    edcate yourself

I am educated. And i am well aware that OCCASIONAL 'cheat' days will make little difference. I was on about food that you ate REGULARLY that you cant anymore. And i, for one , have had to change my whole diet. because those occasional slip ups were everyday. I dont appreciate being patronised.