overwhelmed

The more research I do, the more confused i get...i am losing the will to live!
I just want to know 2 simple things-my ideal weight and my daily calorie intake to reach that goal losing roughly 2 lbs a week.

Calories:
MFP goal-1200
BMR- 1512
TDEE-1872

Weight:
LBM should be between 124 and 129 lbs but is 111 lbs
Frame size-wrist 6 inches therefore medium build
Ideal weight for medium build - 62kg

I AM 62kg NOW !! BUT my waist is 32.5 inches and my BMI is 26.1 which is overweight. My LBM currently also means i have an obese body type. So that means 62kg IS NOT WORKING !!!

Then theres the question of protein and carbs? High carb, low carb? Some people say 100g protein, MFP daily protein goal-57g
AFTER increasing my daily cal goal to that of my BMR.

Couldnt be more confused or overwhelmed if i tried...dont know if anything im doing is right or is going to work...what weight i should be ( I know i want to be 131 lbs )....
SIGH

Replies

• tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Stop focusing on the weight alone and think about how you want to look.

If your BMI is too high then even though you're the weight you want to be, more of that weight is fat that necessary. Resistance training will both turn that fat to lean muscle *and* bring your BMI down and your weight might not even change.

and always eat nutritiously of course.

If you replace some of your carbs each day with protein (chicken, fish, egg whites etc) then you can't go far wrong.

I enjoy listening to Tom Venuto. He seems to talk a lot of sense.

http://exploringthemind.com/podcast/tom-venuto-uncut
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Stop focusing on the weight alone and think about how you want to look.

If your BMI is too high then even though you're the weight you want to be, more of that weight is fat that necessary. Resistance training will both turn that fat to lean muscle *and* bring your BMI down and your weight might not even change.

and always eat nutritiously of course.

If you replace some of your carbs each day with protein (chicken, fish, egg whites etc) then you can't go far wrong.

I enjoy listening to Tom Venuto. He seems to talk a lot of sense.

http://exploringthemind.com/podcast/tom-venuto-uncut

The weight i have chosen IS how i want to look though-thats me at my goal weight in my profile pic and i want to look like that again. At that point in time my BMI was 21. I know how to lose weight, i just dont know how to do it the proper way and all these numbers are confusing me. Like i said i just want to know how many cals to eat everyday to lose 2lb a week to reach that goal of 131 lbs. I thought MFP would tell me everything, but everyones saying its too low and doesnt take this or that into account, so where do i look? Which website IS right?
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Why make it harder on yourself than it has to be?

Some swear by 1200 calories and have had great results. Others take the eating "between my TDEE and below my BMR" route. I am in the last group. I'm to active to ever maintain a 1200 calorie diet and not kill someone.

More water and healthy foods and you will drop weight. Also start strength training and lifting heavy weights and you will drop fat and lower your BMI.

Basically you need to stop obsessing about the research, the calories, the food, etc. and figure out what works for YOU and your body to drop 2 pounds a week because everyone is different. Research be damned!