Healthier mexican food recipes that I made for easter dinner

Had some friends over for easter dinner, decided the turkey ham fiasco was too much and opted for Mexican instead. Here's what I made:

Layered Dip - I served with cut up veggies instead of chips/bread.
Spread 2/3 can refried pinto beans on a plate. Sprinkle with paprika and chili powder. Drop spoons of nonfat greek yogurt, spread without shifting the beans below too much. Sprinkle sliced black olives, drained on top. Add 1/3 cup finely shredded reduced fat cheddar. Top with more paprika and chili powder. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup finely chopped anaheim peppers or regular green peppers.

Chili Rellenos - Baked!
Cut the stem off however many anaheim peppers you need. Use a knife to scrape out as much pithe and seeds that you can but don't worry about them too much. In a large bowl, add 3/4 cooked quinoa, 3/4 cup finely shredded reduced fat cheddar and 2 tbsp non fat plain greek yogurt and a healthy grinding of lemon pepper and stir together to mix. Use your fingers to stuff the chilis (they do not have to be bursting! - probably about 2 tbsp of filling or less per pepper. The amount above for the mix did about 8 anaheim peppers for me. Lay them in a glass pan that is sprayed with olive oil cooking spray lightly and bake at 400 for 30-40 min. When the chili's are browned a little bit pull it out. Combine 1 cup salsa and 3 tbsp non fat greek yogurt and pour over the chilis, put back in the oven for 5 min and then serve.

Quick Chili con carne
Well, I used ground moose meat because I'm lucky enough to have it but you can use ground turkey, chicken or extra lean beef.
Add the meat to a big pot and a little bit of water and season with garlic, paprika, chili powder and chili flakes. Stir constantly and break up the meat as you cook. When its mostly cooked or fully cooked, Add (depending on how much you are making) frozen corn (way better tasting and less sodium than regular canned corn) rinsed canned kidney beans and whole canned tomatoes or crushed tomatoes. Add 1 chipotle pepper and adobo sauce for little bit spicy, 2 for spicy and 3 for mega spicy (this is how I like it!!) Stir in some chopped fresh cilantro and squeeze half a lime over the whole pot right at the end - takes it over the edge!!!

Replies