any 30 day shred tips before I start???

Options
13»

Replies

• TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Don't eat before hand - you'll get sick. They use 5 pound dumbbells, which is damn near impossible. I use 3's. And stretch more than she does in the cool down, especially your legs.

And don't give up.
  • kleonard42
    kleonard42 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Don't eat before hand - you'll get sick. They use 5 pound dumbbells, which is damn near impossible. I use 3's. And stretch more than she does in the cool down, especially your legs.

And don't give up.

Oh, no no, I would never eat right before a workout...I get that side stitch crap lol. I was mostly meaning like what breakfast/snack do you eat however long before the workout. I know with a workout like this, I need some energy boosting foods for sure!

And 5lbs!? haha, that's funny. I don't have weights right now :( so I used 1lb 10.5oz cans of spaghetti sauce. I don't feel like that't heavy enough, but better than nothing for now.

Thanks for the stretching advice! I'll be doing that:)
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    They use 5 pound dumbbells, which is damn near impossible. I use 3's.

Not necessarily true. I have been using 5 lbs weights since the beginning. While, it may not be for everyone, it works for me. But I do agree, most should start off with 1 or 2 lbs weights. I lug a 27 lbs 14 month old around so that is why it was better for me to do 5 lbs.
  • cocoloco122
    cocoloco122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The program is a real toughie for me and so its hard to push through. I don't stop moving tho even and sometimes I can't to both upper and lower at the same time, just keep moving. I do yoga (hatha stretching) before and after as well as 20 minutes or more of hula hooping. Don't give up.
  • kleonard42
    kleonard42 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, you guys...I'm about to start Day 2 and I'm scared I will fall haha. My legs are like freakin jello! and my armpits....ouuuch lol. All I can say is thank the Lord above us that I did not try to do this when I very first started MFP lol. Since I have started, I work out 6 days a week doing Zumba, TreadClimber and walking. If I would have tried this when I wasn't used to working out, I would be dead. lol