I don't know what to do with kidney beans! :(

Options
Hi guys, was just wondering if I could get help with recipes that are kidney beans based. Nothing too complicated as I like to know what goes into my food as well as limit the amount of spices etc. would be amazing if your recipes involve loads of other veg too. Thanks.

I'm really really stuck and I have about 12 cans of that beans in my cupboard. Help!

Replies

• LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Add them to salads.
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I put them in with my rice, and make stuffed peppers...
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/red-kidney-bean-dip-recipe/index.html

I'd do something like this, and use as a dip for carrot sticks and raw green beans.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I make awesome bean and quinoa burgers.

Just google something like "kidney beans easy recipe" and you'll probably find all sorts of ideas. That's what I usually do when I want to use a particular ingredient. It's how I came up with the burger recipe.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew?

wait no...that's potatoes! but I do that with kidney beans too.

Check out http://www.skinnytaste.com and search kidney beans - my favorite is the turkey chili taco soup
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    i use them as well as & instead of meat in chili, stews & such.
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I used canned beans of all sorts in my cooking whenever I don't feel like making my beans from dried, which is pretty much always...

Anyway, I add them to brown rice or pasta with lots of chopped up cooked veggies (bake squash, peppers, onion, and asparagus in casserole dish tossed with some EVOO, lime juice and red wine vinegar at 400 for 20 minutes).

Hope this helps.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    chilli x 1000.

soups too
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    mash 'em boil 'em put 'em in a stew.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member