Getting the courage to committ!

Options
Hi, I've been using this app for ages but have only just deceided that I need more inspiration and help so am introducing myself to all you fabulous positive people!
My name is Jeannine, I'm in Melbourne, Australia. I'm 5ft 6" and weigh 78kg (approx 172 pounds) My realistic goal is 70gk (approx 154 pounds). I'm just about to turn 42
Right now I'm out of control with my eating, I'm not exercising and I have no routine!! Anyone else know that feeling?

Replies

• kellarella
    kellarella Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeannine, this sounds very similar to myself. i currently weigh 170lbs but my goal is 145lbs. i am 5'6", i have also had this app for ages but have only just this week given it a proper go. I work in a sit down office job and do very little exercise due to lack of time. I need to change my eating in order to lose the extra lbs. Is there anything in particular that you find difficult? Mine is temptation, if other people are eating it, i want it. Which doesn't help with a fiancee who can eat what he likes and not gain a lb. x
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling that most people on this site have experienced exactly where you're at...and that's why they joined MFP. This is a great site to use as an aid to get you on track...track your food and exercise and get motivation from others who understand. But, in reality, the courage and dedication is provided by you, when you're ready. I hope that's now because nothing will change until you do. Best wishes and make today "the day"...because you're worth it!