MFP vs Endomondo

Hi quick question. I use Endomondo and it's just gave me 164 cals burned for my 5k walk. However when I imputed it into mfp it give me 335 cals burned. Quite a difference! Which should I go by??

Replies

• I am using both after reading a post on here last week about the endomondo app. I have only used it once ( it has been to cold outside for me to walk outdoors most days), but when I did use it on Saturday for a 1 mile walk around town it was within just a few calories of MFP.

I was concerned about using too many apps and getting different results. Like if you weigh yourself on to many different scales they can all vary, but for me both the Endomondo app and MFP were pretty close.

Maybe there is a setting in one of the two that you don't have accurate. I don't remember if I had to tell Endomondo my height, weight and such. I would start by checking to see if your account information regarding personal measurements is accurate.
  • cidalia73
    cidalia73 Posts: 107 Member
    Yeah that sounds weird..Usually my Endomondo estimates are close to MFP's. If you were walking at a brisk pace, the higher number seems correct.
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Two things... to check.

1. as others have said make sure your stats are entered in to Endomondo. (Ht, Wt, etc..)

2. I know on mine I have the auto pause setting on and if it's not getting a good satellite signal it will auto pause. If it auto pauses and doesn't resume for a long time it can really mess up the data. You might want to turn that feature off if you find it is auto pausing often when you are actually moving.

As others, I have found the numbers to be pretty close. (Love the Endomondo app!)
  • joshkilborn
    joshkilborn Posts: 46 Member
    I use both apps as well and I tend to go with what Endomondo says. Reason being is that it takes more into consideration, like elevation(going up and down hills), the temperature outside whie your working out and various other factors that MFP doesn't.