Sensa???

Options
Has anyone ever tried Sensa??? I had it given to me this weekend and I am curious about it????

Replies

• MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm no help. I've only seen the commercials but shaking something on top of my food that is tasteless really freaks me out :ohwell:
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I googled it months ago and read that the results were from people that wrote in and not tested officially :-/. I'd say save your money:)
  • B_Town154
    B_Town154 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. Just look up some reviews on it.
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    Sorry, I'm no help. I've only seen the commercials but shaking something on top of my food that is tasteless really freaks me out :ohwell:

Never thought of it like that! Lol good point
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    my aunt used it and said it did absolutely nothing.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It is basically a filler to make you feel full, faster.

Personally, I wouldn't want to shake something unknown onto my food and eat it. You can get the same results with drinking water before a meal or filling up on fiber.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    They settled false advertising lawsuits, one payout was close to a million. They said it was to avoid ongoing legal fees, yeah right.

Also the two trials that support that it works, have not been peer reviewed.

I'd stay away, even if it's free.
  • parteegirl01
    Options
    ACTUALLY, the way sensa works is by altering the way things taste to you by altering the way it smells. The premise behind it is that if it tastes off/funny maybe you won't have the desire to eat it. I THINK the stuff you spinkle on is also suppose to trick your brain into thinking it's more full than it is. Problem here is that most people gain weight because they eat when they don't need to/aren't really hungry anyway. So if you're that kind of person it really isn't gonna help you much anyway. My mom and my best friend have both tried it. They both lost a little weight the first couple weeks but then nothing after that. I'm sure the weight loss was just due to the fact that when you have to sprinkle something on your food every time you eat it it tends to make you a little more concious of what you're eating. Personally I wouldn't waste my money. But if i was given to you I guess it can't hurt to try. Good luck to ya!
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I saw a severely obese women on a documentary use it thinking she could eat whatever she wanted as long as she sprinkled Sensa on it. Needless to say, she did not lose the weight needed for bariatric surgery.

Also, many of the claims for the testing and support from legitimate agencies for it's effectiveness (such as from the Endocrine Society) were also falsified.

There are no magic pills, potions, or sprinkles. Just chemicals and confidence men.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    shake shake shake - hey look I just dropped 10lbs by shaking! if it was THAT easy we'd all be skinny and this site would not exist. i would stay away from it esp because they don't actually TELL you what's in it.
  • LisaMBudd
    LisaMBudd Posts: 15
    Options
    I looked up the ingredients and one is a beetle (yes as in crunchy bug) - apparently common in food additives.
  • daddydog69
    daddydog69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I tried it and couldn't remember to use it every time I ate......my dad bought it and I used it....dad buys everything on TV that can make you thinner or sexier.....he's 84.and keeps me on my toes, damn infomercials!
  • xSTx
    xSTx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would rather continue making lifestyle changes and eating healthy foods to lose weight and become healthy. If that product does in fact work from what I've heard it helps with portion control, however fast food is fast food no matter what you sprinkle on it. The product is being marketed so that you can eat whatever you want and get skinny ! when that's not the most realistic and healthy way to do it.