Way too many calories

Options
I spent all day yesterday in a meeting where they supplied breakfast lunch and snacks. It is the first time I screwed up really bad since I joined MFP in January. When I got home and logged my calories, I was over by 1,000 calories.:sad: My question is for the next couple of days is it ok if I cut back by 100 or 200 calories to make up for all those calories, or should I just write it off as one bad day and keep doing what I've been doing? I only get 1200 calories a day, and I know you're not supposed to go below that. I got on the scale this morning and I went up 1.5 lbs. :mad:

Replies

• wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    I spent all day yesterday in a meeting where they supplied breakfast lunch and snacks. It is the first time I screwed up really bad since I joined MFP in January. When I got home and logged my calories, I was over by 1,000 calories.:sad: My question is for the next couple of days is it ok if I cut back by 100 or 200 calories to make up for all those calories, or should I just write it off as one bad day and keep doing what I've been doing? I only get 1200 calories a day, and I know you're not supposed to go below that. I got on the scale this morning and I went up 1.5 lbs. :mad:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Take it as a cheat day. Eat your calories and you will get back on track.
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Personally I am below my calories every day by nearly 1,000. It is not that I try to be below but that I already eat alot and am always full. I would not knock off any calories if I were you though I would just hit the gym a bit harder for the next few days.

Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    You can't beat yourself up for going over in calories. Just try and get back on track. One day like you described won't put a lb and a half on you, it was probably water weight.