Deodorant Issues

Options
Ok so ladies deodorant doesn't hold me. Switched to hubby's brand and it held me for a while but now its not working anymore. Tried the clinictal strength otc and doesn't work and even tried rx deodorant and just burned and made my armpits itchy. I just bought the Crystal Stick on Saturday. Maybe I don't smell and I'm just paranoid that I do? I'm driving myself crazy lol. Anyone else have issues?

Replies

• Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Maybe I don't smell and I'm just paranoid that I do?

i would ask your family to let you know...sometimes it isnt really as bad as we think it is..
    Im in a very hot and humid place right now...and people always carry different kinds of Wet Wipes. I suggest you carry some in your bag...at least the bacteria will be gone so you wont stink..as much?:tongue::flowerforyou:
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have Degree clinical strength it works for me!
  • Bexiblueberry
    Bexiblueberry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I always feel like I smell, I sweat a lot and have no idea about what deodorant to use! at the moment I have right guard for women, I don't seem to smell but I'm still sweating!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Botox in the armpit might help. That's one of its original uses, before it was used to paralyze faces.
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    Are you sure it's you and not your clothes? Workout clothes in particular can build up a residue that can be removed by soaking in borax. I've also had this problem with poly blouses.

Ask your husband or a really good friend if you have an odor and, if so, where. If you do, consider checking with the doctor. You may have some kind of bacterial or fungal infection that requires treatment.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am 39 and over the last 10 years have found that sweating has become a pasttime of mine. I work really hard at my workouts and create enough sweat for the entire gym.
    I know that I smell when I'm working out- my hubby says it's a sweaty smell and not a gross guy smell- so that's a relief, but what I have found is that changing up works for me. So I go from clinical strength brands, to the Adidas Cotton -no aluminum brand and for post work/out or when I want to smell pretty (church and stuff) I use a natural deoderant called Lavanila. It seems have to sneak up on my sweat glands.
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Botox in the armpit might help. That's one of its original uses, before it was used to paralyze faces.

really? I actually didn't know that. Interesting.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have to switch out brands every few months. I don't know why this happens , but I have had to do it for years. I'd be interested in your results with the crystal.
  • HealthyWarrior
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I'll ask hubby to see if he smells me or if its just me that thinks I smell.
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Most deodorants are full of poison... like aluminum for example. Your body is meant to perspire when it gets hot. Using an all natural deodorant will cut down on the smell, even though you will still sweat. You can swab your pits with peroxide or rubbing alcohol before applying the deodorant, it helps too. Why are we pressured to try to make our bodies stop doing something they naturally do for a reason! Ugh, maybe I shouldn't get started... What do I know, I'm just a smelly hippie.
  • HealthyWarrior
    Options
    I have to switch out brands every few months. I don't know why this happens , but I have had to do it for years. I'd be interested in your results with the crystal.

I used the Crystal for the first time yesterday. Very weird. Its a dry crystal that you wet then rub it on your armpits. I didn't think I smelled yesterday but then again it was Easter and I didn't do any type of exercise at all.

I'm thinking after my daycare child gets here I may break out the stroller and take a walk around the block and see.
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Try the crystal stick for a while. It should help. If you are concerned about smell, it may not actually be coming from your sweat glands. Reconsider your diet. Do some research about foods and how they affect the way your body smells. And...ASK SOMEONE. Ask a good friend or a family member. I use organic, homeopathic deodorant. I have for a very long time. I don't use the crystal stick. I use herbal clear naturally. When I first switched, it was rough for a couple of weeks and I had to reapply a lot. But then suddenly one day it started working like a charm, and I've been using it for almost three years. I have heard crystal stick is just as great. Part of the problem at first will be that your body is used to chemicals, and it will have to sweat them out of your glands. I would also suggest taking a look at your shampoo and the soap you use to wash your body. Those two items can also impact your smell and your sweat glands.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Saw a consumer review article that said that Mitchum Advanced Control for Women was the best, & know some ladies who really like it.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad it's not just me. I just gave up on finding deodorant/anti-perspirant that kept me from sweating. I've used clinical strength and it still didn't work. But now I just make sure I don't smell. White shirts don't last long in my closet.
  • HealthyWarrior
    Options
    Most deodorants are full of poison... like aluminum for example. Your body is meant to perspire when it gets hot. Using an all natural deodorant will cut down on the smell, even though you will still sweat. You can swab your pits with peroxide or rubbing alcohol before applying the deodorant, it helps too. Why are we pressured to try to make our bodies stop doing something they naturally do for a reason! Ugh, maybe I shouldn't get started... What do I know, I'm just a smelly hippie.

lol. honestly I'm totally ok with sweating. I actually love to sweat cause I feel like I'm actually working out correctly because I'm sweating. I just don't want to smell like body odor after I've showered or haven't exercised at all.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I have had a horrible time finding a deodorant that works for more than a couple of hours. Everything seems to be more focused on the anti-persipirant end of things. I don't care about sweat, I live in tank tops and don't sweat much, I just don't want to stink.

I use Secret Clinical Waterproof now because I like the way it smells, but I have to reapply every few hours. The ones that DID work to control odor (Mitchum and Tom's) gave me a rash. The Crystal one just plain didn't work.
  • NavyWife8396
    NavyWife8396 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When using the clinical strength make sure you're putting it on before bed. It works overnight to keep you from sweating so much the next day. You can even apply some regular deodorant in the morning if you feel you need it.
  • HealthyWarrior
    Options
    Try the crystal stick for a while. It should help. If you are concerned about smell, it may not actually be coming from your sweat glands. Reconsider your diet. Do some research about foods and how they affect the way your body smells. And...ASK SOMEONE. Ask a good friend or a family member. I use organic, homeopathic deodorant. I have for a very long time. I don't use the crystal stick. I use herbal clear naturally. When I first switched, it was rough for a couple of weeks and I had to reapply a lot. But then suddenly one day it started working like a charm, and I've been using it for almost three years. I have heard crystal stick is just as great. Part of the problem at first will be that your body is used to chemicals, and it will have to sweat them out of your glands. I would also suggest taking a look at your shampoo and the soap you use to wash your body. Those two items can also impact your smell and your sweat glands.

Thank you for all the tips. I'm definitely going to give the crystal stick a chance. I've never actually considered my shampoo or soap. Great tip.
  • anm6c6
    anm6c6 Posts: 8
    Options
    Mitchum has worked well for me. It keeps me dry all day.
  • GingerBiscuit_19
    GingerBiscuit_19 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Saw a consumer review article that said that Mitchum Advanced Control for Women was the best, & know some ladies who really like it.

Agree! I use mitchum for women roll on and it lasts 2 days on me! :) fantastic for the gym too.