Good Fiber

Options
Are Fiber One 90 calorie bars a healthy choice or too much sugar?

How do you get your fiber in a healthy way?

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

I guess it depends on whether or not you're trying to limit sugar.

I get about 25-30 g most days, mostly through vegetables, berries and things like bread/pasta/quinoa etc. Soups and smoothies really help too. I went way over the other day thanks to having both homemade soup and a homemade smoothie.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This is so much like all the "healthy" fibre bars..they may have plenty of fibre in them but as you have rightly said..far too much sugar and therefore the carbs are very high as well. That's often the catch with a lot of these so called aids to weight loss items.
  • DAMETRE
    DAMETRE Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I luv, luv, luv fiber one bars. They really satisfy my sweet tooth when I want a little something sweet. They are better than eating a hunk of cake or a slice of pie. They are only 90 calories and they give me fiber. But , I must say, they are a little high in CARBS. I watch my CARB intake(limit to 100g a day) so I am carful to get the rest of my FIBER and CARBS from veggies, fruit and whole wheat products. If I go over my carbs that day I may have to skip it. I don't know what I would do without my fiber one!!. :-)
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    one time I ate a box of fiber one bars in a few hours

Don't ever do that, trust me
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

IMO it's better to get fiber naturally from vegetables, fruits and whole grains. But added fiber, such as that in Fiber One bars, is better than no fiber.