Egg Cups?

Options
I've seen recipes in the past where people baked egg cups in muffin tins with yummy things like onions, red peppers, crumbled bacon, etc, but can someone provide the specifics on recipe/bake time/muffin pan prep?

Replies

• ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    These are what I make and keep in the freezer!

Sausage & Cheese Muffins 1 lb low fat bulk pork sausage: 3 C Shredded cheeses: 8 eggs: ½ C half&half :¼ C water (or all cream): ½ tsp onion powder :3 tsp dried chives OR any flavorings you like.: ½ tsp baking powder: ½ C flaxmeal
    Preheat oven to 350. Spray or butter 12 large muffin cups well. Brown the sausage while beating up the batter. Whisk all the dry ingredients together to aerate. Beat the eggs & cream well. Gradually add to the dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Drain the fat from the sausage & put equal amounts in the bottom of each muffin cup. Top with a layer of cheese. About ¼ C per muffin. Ladle egg batter evenly in each muffin cup. A small soup ladle works well. Bake for 20-25 minutes, they will be slightly brown around the edges and on top. Cool on racks. Bag/wrap each individually and place in freezer bag to freeze. Unwrap 1 & microwave in a small dish for 2-3 minutes.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    emilybites.com has a few recipes with eggs in them ...example her hashbrown sausage egg cheese cupcakes (they are very yummy by the way)
  • JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I do mine w/2 whole eggs and 3 whites, 1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese and whatever veggies/protein I have kicking around...divide evenly between muffin tins (usually makes 6 or 8 "muffins" and depends on total count if I eat one or two as a serving, usually 2) sometimes i skip the cottage cheese and add some shredded cheese...depends whats in the fridge, great way to use up that one leftover chicken breast or 1/2 a bell pepper or whatever else you have....I spritz pan w/olive oil and skip paper liners, always pop out just fine...bake @ 350 for 15 minutes and check, usually takes another 10 or 15 minutes to be done...
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just prep my eggs like I would if making scrambles. Saturday I lined my muffin tins with turkey bacon (1 slice per tin) poured in my eggs, added red peppers, broccoli and green onions. Bake at 375 for about 10-15 minutes. These are my new favorite way to make eggs since they can be customized for my kids and hubby.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Here's what I use:
    I skip the cheese and scallions but you could put just about anything in with the egg, especially if you scramble it instead of keeping it whole.

Baked Egg Cups
    From TheSimpleDelights.com

Ingredients:

12 Eggs
    12 thin slices of deli ham (round)
    1/2 Cup of your favorite cheese (I used Parmesan)
    1/2 Cup diced scallions
    Fresh cracked Sea Salt and Pepper

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Lay a piece of ham in each hole creating a little ham cup. Crack one egg into each hole and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Bake the eggs for about 12 minutes…until the white is firm and the yolk is still nice and runny

Carefully remove each egg from the muffin tin and top with grated cheese and scallions. Serve hot!

Yield: 12

I skip the cheese and scallions but you could put just about anything in with the egg, especially if you scramble it instead of keeping it whole.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of any of this stuff, but it sounds awesome. Thanks for the new ideas!
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kbugsmeemaw
    kbugsmeemaw Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    These are what I make and keep in the freezer!

I read that adding a little corn starch keeps them from coming out of the freezer all funky.
  • berdoochick
    berdoochick Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    Bump.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I use wontons as variation to these. just fill the wonton with all the yummy goodies and bake.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    simply divine.
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I ususally skip the cheese and go with eggs, veggies & chicken sausage or ground turkey. For each "cup" I'll use 1 egg, 1 oz of meat, 1-2 oz. of diced vegies. Little bit of salt/pepper/whatever mixed in w/ eggs. Put meat & veggie in each cup, egg on top of that. Bake @ 350 for 20-25 minutes, turn up broil last minute or so to brown the top. Voila!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I ususally skip the cheese and go with eggs, veggies & chicken sausage or ground turkey. For each "cup" I'll use 1 egg, 1 oz of meat, 1-2 oz. of diced vegies. Little bit of salt/pepper/whatever mixed in w/ eggs. Put meat & veggie in each cup, egg on top of that. Bake @ 350 for 20-25 minutes, turn up broil last minute or so to brown the top. Voila!

i do the same but i usually go just one egg white in mine, and make ones with just the yolk for my partners.