I'm Failing

Options
I have totally fallen off track. I'm finding this so hard and depressing lately. Today while I was eating a bunch of Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwhiches I even said to myself "why am I even eating all these."? It scared me because I really felt like I had an eating problem. Eating for no reason but pleasure, or whatever it is. I feel like I am seeing no results and there is no point. I almost just want to give in to being fat. I feel so sluggish and saggy, and I don't even want to wear clothes anymore because I am so uncomfortable in them. Ugh...

Replies

• imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have just been there recently myself. I don't know what to tell you to do. I just looked in a full length mirror and thought I don't want to look like this any more. That's what gets me motiviated to exercise. The eating habits are going to be very difficult to change ( I too went through a box of skinny cow fudge bars a few nights ago). I tossed everything out that I would be tempted to eat all of. Now I am down to protein shakes and soups. It's tough. Just keep getting back on that wagon until you learn not to fall off it again.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    That was me on Thursday. Friday evening is usually my allotted "cheat" time, but rather than limit myself I just threw out the diet plan for the whole day, didn't log any food, and ate whatever I felt like... and by Saturday I felt like I could start fresh... so far, so good. Maybe try doing that--get the eating out of your system for a day or two, then start fresh.

Best of luck to you... I'm sure you'll find something that works, but until then, know that you're not alone!
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    I have just been there recently myself. I don't know what to tell you to do. I just looked in a full length mirror and thought I don't want to look like this any more. That's what gets me motiviated to exercise. The eating habits are going to be very difficult to change ( I too went through a box of skinny cow fudge bars a few nights ago). I tossed everything out that I would be tempted to eat all of. Now I am down to protein shakes and soups. It's tough. Just keep getting back on that wagon until you learn not to fall off it again.

I agree with this. Keep a full length mirror in the house. Or a really great outfit that doesn't fit YET in plane sight. This will give you motivation everyday. Set little goals for yourself. Such as this week I plan on walking a 1/2 mile to a mile. Something you know you CAN do! Then do it. Throw out (or have some one hide) all of the junk you know you want but shouldn't have in the house until you have gotten the your strength back. Think, is this how I want to spend the rest of my life? Don't push so hard, make little steps toward your goal. Don't try and do it all at once. Slow and steady wins the race. Good luck!
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    i went through a funk like this last week.
    everyone's different and has different motivations, but i went out and actually bought bigger pants(albeit secondhand ones), that fit right
    it stopped me feeling fat, frumpy and disgusting, trying to squish into a size too small telling myself that "I'll fit them soon"
    it made me feel so gross and hopeless that i was always like, oh, what the ****, its pointless anyway, might as well eat...
    now my pants may be a size bigger but i feel so much better and look so much smoother (no more muffining)

maybe that doesn't apply to you at all, but it worked for me.

also it was right before TOM which I'm sure hormones didn't help my mood either...

*hugs*
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Hugs! It can be so hard sometimes! You have to be motivated to do it! Will power! You have to be ready to do it and in the right mind set. I believe in you!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I have totally fallen off track. I'm finding this so hard and depressing lately. Today while I was eating a bunch of Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwhiches I even said to myself "why am I even eating all these."? It scared me because I really felt like I had an eating problem. Eating for no reason but pleasure, or whatever it is. I feel like I am seeing no results and there is no point. I almost just want to give in to being fat. I feel so sluggish and saggy, and I don't even want to wear clothes anymore because I am so uncomfortable in them. Ugh...
    I know it can seem impossible, but you are so very young and whether you believe it or not you do have within you all the tools you need to change your life. Please don't give up..............you don't mean what you said, no one wants to feel like you feel.

It is going to take you realizing that this is not a temp thing. This is a complete change of life. Next year will come. It will not wait for you to make a decision. If you do not plan out your day and your intake, it won't improve....old habits......don't think about it too much.

At a set time of day you move and keep moving. No empty cals, no cokes, no take-out.......water, protein, clean foods. Feed your workouts and feed your heart.....you are worth it! Shake up your life! After a little discomfort, It feels wonderful..............really.
  • tasc54
    tasc54 Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't give up you know the saying winners never quit and quitters never win just get through an hour at a time if you have too just think if you lose 1 pound a week you will be 52 pounds lighter a year from today
  • swietekelise
    Options
    Thanks guys this really helped :)
    Day 1 of being back on track today! I already feel better and am sure I will feel muuch better on Friday :) (if i dont cheat lol)