Runners: Where to put phone?

Options

Replies

• campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I put mine in a zip top sandwich bag, in my sports bra. Yeah, I'm cheap and I don't want to ruin my phone with sweat.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Check out what's called a "Flip Belt" from Level Terrain...it's designed specifically for this purpose and is really handy for runners or anyone who needs to free up their hands. You can get them from several websites including Amazon but most running stores will have them as well.

These are actually pretty nifty if you want to pay for them. I've seen a lot of runners with them. Considering this as my next purchase.

FlipBelt looks super awesome. :O
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    They do make armbands for large phones.
    I have an armband. Usually I have my hydration pack on, and I just stuff it in one of the pockets.
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Get a tube sock. Cut the foot part off of it. Use the top part of the sock around your arm, with your phone inside. I usually double it (so sock/phone/sock with the fold at the bottom) and then pin the top to make sure it doesn't fall out.

Wow that's brilliant, I love your ingenuity!
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have an arm band for my i-phone 5, works beautifully.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Get a tube sock. Cut the foot part off of it. Use the top part of the sock around your arm, with your phone inside. I usually double it (so sock/phone/sock with the fold at the bottom) and then pin the top to make sure it doesn't fall out.

This is actually a fantastic idea. I have a Galaxy Stratosphere and they do not fit in the arm bands (any of them) so I may have to try this!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I used to use an armband, but then got a spibelt, and MUCH prefer it!
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I carry mine in my hand... but I would love a better solution... I have a note2 which is huge so arm bands are probably out...
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Not married to my phone during runs...Leave it in the car...Use a small music player in a convenient pocket along with car keys...
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I have a Samsung S3 (armband NOT an option LOL) and I'm going to be ditching my jacket soon. Any thoughts on where to keep it? Not taking it is NOT an option because I use the C25K app to know when to walk/run. I also use Endomondo fitness tracker, and finally all my songs are on it. Please keep in mind I'll have earbuds to contend with as well :) TIA

I have samsung s3 and use an armband...

if I didnt I'd probably stick it in my bra :P
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    If you can't find something here...then you probably won't find it anywhere

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/gear/gearholders/
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I've seen bands that go around your waist that have zipper pockets on them made for running. They're kind of like fanny packs but are not as bulky. I know that you said arm bands are not an option but I have seen them made for phones that big. Also, I definitely would NOT put it in your bra or anywhere else that would get super sweaty. I have ruined phones this way :(. I would go to a sports store. Normally they have a section for technology and will have tools for carrying phones.

But have you seen them made for ARMS this big? lol I would need a leg band to fit my arm! hehee

There are armbands of all sizes and shapes, and yes they have one that will fit your phone AND your arm. I have giant arms, for some reason that's a body part that just stays big on me. When I first got my phone armband, I just put it around my forearm instead of my upper arm. It works fine. And it has a pouch for your ID and such. It's a good way to go.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I've seen bands that go around your waist that have zipper pockets on them made for running. They're kind of like fanny packs but are not as bulky. I know that you said arm bands are not an option but I have seen them made for phones that big. Also, I definitely would NOT put it in your bra or anywhere else that would get super sweaty. I have ruined phones this way :(. I would go to a sports store. Normally they have a section for technology and will have tools for carrying phones.

But have you seen them made for ARMS this big? lol I would need a leg band to fit my arm! hehee

There are armbands of all sizes and shapes, and yes they have one that will fit your phone AND your arm. I have giant arms, for some reason that's a body part that just stays big on me. When I first got my phone armband, I just put it around my forearm instead of my upper arm. It works fine. And it has a pouch for your ID and such. It's a good way to go.

PS....(sorry)...I got mine on Amazon.com. You can find all kinds of things there.
  • carlos118118
    Options
    Get a smaller phone? :P

Or maybe even a cheap 2nd phone or samsung wifi to use for running.

The size of some phones lately is getting stupid
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I just carry it? In my hand.... seems like an obvious solution to me.

Yup :)
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    They make shorts with rear zipper pockets. They fit my giant work Blackberry, phone, and credit card with room to spare. oiselle.com has great shorts!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I ziplock bag my phone, and stick it in my sports bra! That way i can use it if I feel like it, but it wont get damaged.. Works for me! Though on REALLY hot days, I wouldnt do that.. body heat + 95 degree weather = phone acting weird.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Why isn't an arm band an option?

^^^This.

It took me 15 seconds to find an armband for a Galaxy S3 on Amazon for $15.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I.Love.This. Awesome idea!:love: