Starting Over Is The First Step

Options
Not sure that scared is the proper word but starting over is such a hard thing to do. I can proudly say that I have now gone over a month without a single drop of soda, only water and tea from now on. I think the hardest part has been trying to battle my thyroid problems while still maintaining healthy eating habits. Most of the time I can't even remember to eat, my day just slips away and I find that it is dinner time and that is only when I actually eat anything. It is a cycle that I am working on breaking and MFP seems to be helping somewhat but I can use all of the support that I can get. I have a long way to go and I know that can do it with the motivation I find right here. :)

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    With regards to when you eat - it doesn't really matter (for weight loss purposes) if you eat all your calories for dinner, assuming that you're getting enough overall. Some people intentionally do that as part of Intermittent Fasting. If that doesn't suit you though, have you tried planning your day's food the night before, and pre-logging it? Then, when you look at your diary in the morning, you'll be prompted to eat what you had planned, without really having to think about it.

Good for you for starting over - it is a hard thing to do. You can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You are on the right track. You have the first 30 days under your belt and typically it takes 3 weeks to set a new habit so you are already there.

Keep going and you are doing great!!!
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Today wasn't the easiest but I made it through without going really overboard and I did eat at least two meals. I sure hope that you are right. Thanks for the support!