meal ideas for breakfast and lunch

Options
Hi everyone :) struggling with breakfast and lunch ideas, what do you usually have and how many calories in your meal? Thanks heaps in advance

Replies

• juicydragon
    Options
    My lunch usually consists of my left overs from dinner the night before. I always cook a little extra so I have lunch the next day. Or I if havent cooked a little more I eat a little less.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    During the work week I try to spread out my breakfast a little bit. I start with a yogurt and fruit smoothie, I drink half first thing in the morning, then I will have either a granola bar or Special K pastry crisps, then the other half of my smoothie about an hour before I have my lunch. And in there are 2 cups of coffee (a MUST for me). This runs about 350-400 calories.

For lunch at work I have been doing a lot of smart ones meals. They are rated among the best as far as freezer meals (not a lot of salt, which is the normal killer), and they seem to fill me up pretty well. They run on average about 200-300 calories depending on what meal.

I snack on fruit and nuts during the day, so average about 100-300 calories in snacks.

Hope this helps. (I'm not doing my weekend meals, because they are horrible, it's one of my goals to correct my weekend eating).
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I bring a random mix of all this stuff to work to eat throughout the day (breakfast/lunch/snack)

half an avocado (with lemon & salt)
    hard boiled eggs
    grapefruit
    baby carrots
    yogurt
    a serving of cheese/string cheese
    Eggo Nutrigrain waffle
    sandwich/soup/or lean cuisine meal

You can add me and check out my diary if you want, I'm pretty consistent in what I eat during the day on weekdays
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal for breakfast.

A series of snacks at lunch when I'm at work, about 1 every hour or so
    cashews
    carrots
    granola
    yogurt
    celery & peanut butter
    bananas
    or leftovers.
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal for breakfast. It is healthy and filling. Anything else and I want a snack by 10am. The Instant oatmeal can be bad because it can be full of sugars but the Quaker Quick Oats are easy to make. 1/2 cup = 150 calories but I add two teaspoons of brown sugar for flavor which brings it up to 180.

I am probably the wrong person to ask about lunch because I go to the gym during my lunch break so actual food consumption gets rushed if I have afternoon meetings. I have been buying the Special K protein meal bars, they aren't the tastiest things but fill me up and have lots of protein which is great to eat after a good workout. These ones have 170 calories.

Some days if I am throwing in an extra walk or am just hungry I like to snack on Fiber One (Bars, Brownies, Protein Bars), Bananas w/ Peanut Butter or Apples. All very filling choices and range in calories from 90-200. Kelloggs Brown Sugar Pastry crisps are only 50 calories per crisp and are super satisfying to my sweet tooth (sure beats grabbing a donut from the break room in the guilt department) :)
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    For me, since I have a sensitivity for eggs, dairy, wheat, corn, and rye; I am pretty limited on what I can eat.

I have a protein shake for breakfast 430 calories
    -almond milk
    -veganmax protein
    -L glutamine
    -strawberries
    -dynamic greens
    -MCT Oil

AM snack between 100 and 200 calories
    -berries
    -almonds or macadamia nuts

Lunch, I have a salad 500 calories
    -lettuce
    -yellow or ornage pepper
    -broccoli
    -cucumbers
    -almonds w/dried cranberries
    -3-4 ozs of chicken breast
    -2 pieces of bacon
    -vinagerette or ginger sesame dressing
  • bgraz1994
    bgraz1994 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Ideas:

1. Berry smoothie with granola
    (1 cup frozen mixed berries,1/4 plain yogurt, 1 small banana,1/4 cup milk, Top with granola and fresh sliced strawberries)
    2. Whole Wheat toast with avacado
    3. Oatmeal with diced apple and cinnamon
    4. Egg wrap with spinach and feta
    5. Cheerios (plain or multi) with 1 small banana and sliced strawberries

Lunch Ideas:

1. 8 whole wheat crackers, 8 thin slices of mozarella, sliced red pepper
    2. Spinach and egg salad (mix spinach, romaine, raw veggies, and egg slices with balsamic vinagrette)
    3. Whole wheat wrap with peanut butter and sliced apple
    4. Brown rice with salmon and mixed raw veggies
    5. Garlic Hummus and raw brocoli and cauliflower
  • AmandaJade9
    AmandaJade9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone some great ideas :)
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Wholewheat toast with peanut butter (whole nut kind), fruit smoothie with scoop protein powder and soy milk, bran flakes with soy milk, 2 egg and 2 white omelette with veggies in, 0% Greek yoghurt with fruit and some nuts, porridge, extra trim bacon with scrambled egg and mushrooms.