STUPID SCALE!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Have someone take monthy pictures of you (front and side). They are the best judge of your progress.
    I have done this as well. I can see a difference, but it's just not enough for me for some reason.
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Take it to work and do it there (secretly of course!) - that's where my scale is. It's a pain in the *kitten* to weigh yourself every day at work!
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    March 1st I weighed in, and made the decision to not weigh again til April 1st (today). This was because I had previously kept the scale under my bed. So each morning I'd wake up, roll out of the bed, slide the scale out and weigh. Then, each night before climbing in bed, I was doing the same thing. This was getting me NO-WHERE-FAST lol - other than a fast train to jacking things up again lol. I would step on and see, "OHHHhHhHhhHH 2lb gain Mr Scale? I'll show you - this is binge day!" <---a jacked up mentality, but was mine none the less. Anyways, I made the choice March 1st to only weigh in 1x a month - and this was very successful for me. It allowed me to be more relaxed, however, still focused on the idea of healthier food choices, and weightloss. The daily weigh ins were very stressful, and fed more of my defeatist attitude towards losing weight. A sort of, "I'll jack this up before I "try" and it doesn't work" kind of mind set.
    Getting the scale out of my room (gave to my mother to hide) helped my outlook very much. Hope this helps :)
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Take it to work and do it there (secretly of course!) - that's where my scale is. It's a pain in the *kitten* to weigh yourself every day at work!
    LOL...this is a giant FAIL for me as I work from home. :)