Oh my aching joints!

Mom2Emery_Liam
Mom2Emery_Liam Posts: 149
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
In so much pain:-( I think I must of overdone it this past week- either that or my legs just couldn't handle the "race" I had against my husband in the backyard. I went all out, running fast on really uneven grass in bad shoes. Ever since, my knees, ankles and shins have hurt like crazy! And not muscle aches, like deep in the joints aching. My right hip feels off too...blah.
Taking it easy for now and hoping the pain goes away soon...until then I'll be doing yoga and pilates. Probably won't burn much calories this week but need to focus on healing b4 I make it any worse. Sucks b/c I was just about to start the C25K:-(

Replies

• Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    You don't wanna take Ibuprofin for every little ache and pain but I do take it when I've over-done it, physically, and I seem to bounce back faster . . . relieves some of the swelling or something. Also, if its due to running, walking will help get some that junk moving out of your joints and shin-splint area. Actually getting your blood moving may help more than staying off completely.

Just what works for me . . . good luck and feel better soon!
  • Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    Also, there are stretches that really help the shin splint area (up the front of the lower leg), just to heal faster. Just google it. :0)
  • You don't wanna take Ibuprofin for every little ache and pain but I do take it when I've over-done it, physically, and I seem to bounce back faster . . . relieves some of the swelling or something. Also, if its due to running, walking will help get some that junk moving out of your joints and shin-splint area. Actually getting your blood moving may help more than staying off completely.

Just what works for me . . . good luck and feel better soon!
    I will have to try ibuprofen. I walked some tonight and am in crazy pain right now but in general, it's been worse in the evenings. I know I desperately need new sneakers- my feet are flat and these old ones aren't cutting it. I will have to try walking every day this week and hope it helps work out the kinks. I just gotta steer clear of all the high impact circuit training and stuff I was doing before.
This discussion has been closed.