What to do when your sick?

Options
Hi all,
Have a wicked sinus cold that I've been battling already for 3 days. Tried to do aerobics, but when you can't breath it's really difficult! LOL. Does anyone have any exercise suggestions? Also, food guidance as i don't really feel like eating - I've kinda been forcing it just to reach my daily limit.
Thanks!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about exercise until you feel better. Make sure you are getting plenty of fluids
  • amjo2693
    amjo2693 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've had sinus issues for the past six months. I find it very hard to stick to any type of exercise or food regimen. I would appreciate any suggestions as well!
  • timetobme37
    Options
    Hoe long do you wait though... sometimes my sinuses stay like this for weeks!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Swimming? Particularly if you have access to salt water.

Otherwise, just take it easy and just do what you can. Walking is probably best.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Rest. Your body is burning extra calories just trying to keep itself functioning right now. Help it by staying sedentary as you can right now. Exercising will only keep you sicker (and thus out of exercise) even longer.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I have been battling walking pneumonia for going on 2 weeks now...I had to do a serious "gut check" on what I was eating and adjust my calories for a much more sedentary me. And walking has become my best friend :)
  • QueenBeenita
    QueenBeenita Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia this past sunday. I am concerned about not being able to workout as well. I guess as others have said I have to watch what I am eating stricter and at the least maintain until I can exercise again. Rest and hydrate is what my Dr. told me to do.