Wow, worst "diet" ever!

Options
13»

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    The potato thread was an april fools prank.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yikes!

Although truth be told-i pretty well lived off green olives for a few weeks. No idea why-that was just the only food i wanted.
  • tnicmorris
    tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I read an article one time about a teen in England who tried to survive eating only chicken nuggets. A group did a research study to find out if there is any one thing you can eat and not die from. According to the study, there is only one thing that you could eat exclusively and not die. Breast Milk.
  • Angie52732
    Angie52732 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    yeah, that diet wouldn't work for me....can't stand pickles.....I can eat about 1 slice of a bread and butter and that is it....I will pick the pickles off of any sandwiches and give them to my kids or the dogs..............yuck!!!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there are a LOT of ignorant nutritionalists in this world. And a few of them are obese and KNOW all the answers about weight loss and nutrition and will gladly tell you that you are doing it all wrong.

I have two morbidly obese friends that ask me all the time about my lifestyle. After I tell them how I lost weight, they tell me I am doing it wrong.

I just nod my head, like a bobble head doll.
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there are a LOT of ignorant nutritionalists in this world. And a few of them are obese and KNOW all the answers about weight loss and nutrition and will gladly tell you that you are doing it all wrong.

I have two morbidly obese friends that ask me all the time about my lifestyle. After I tell them how I lost weight, they tell me I am doing it wrong.

Yes because the obvious answer is that the weight you lost must have been a fluke.... The sad thing is, she has been on many diets like this before. She once told her dad (my grandfather) that she didn't know why she was overweight because all she ate was carrots. His response: You must be eating too many damn carrots!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Yes because the obvious answer is that the weight you lost must have been a fluke.... The sad thing is, she has been on many diets like this before. She once told her dad (my grandfather) that she didn't know why she was overweight because all she ate was carrots. His response: You must be eating too many damn carrots!

HAHAHA!!!!
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Okay, I LOVE pickles. I love sour, sweet, garlic, no garlic, cucumber, cauliflower, onion, beans, etc. I love them but as a snack. I'm not sure how any one food no matter how low in calories could be healthy enough to eat it all the time to lose weight. The body needs its vitamins, minerals, proteins, sugars etc. I think personally, there is no better diet than healthy fresh foods in moderation and plenty of exercise. What I love about this site is I think we're all facing the same struggle, the struggle to get healthier, live longer and feel better over all. There are a lot of crazy diets out there, actually this morning in fact I heard that British scientists are developing a "microchip" to help with weight loss and that they are going to start testing it on animals soon and in a few years on humans. Really? Unless that microchip is designed to get a person moving and stop them from overeating or eating junk, its going to be the same "quick" fix like all of the others that have failed. Sorry about my tangent, lol.

Ah, the microchip that sends "brain, no more food, stomach just had a jar of pickles" signals. You have to wonder if the mice will choose a nutritionally balanced diet themselves or pig out on sweets. My bet is on the mice only having an all-you-can-eat buffet in front of them and the researchers saying those opting to get chipped must be given dietary advice (and we all know how well that works).
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    lemme get this straight... she almost died in a car accident so her response was to try and kill herself through malnutrition and starvation... got it.

makes sense.
  • williecruiser
    Options
    I had an Aunt that ordered 'diet' pills, probably back in the 40's. Well she lost weight alright, and kept losing.....a lot! Someone took the pills to have them anulyzed (sp). Each pill had a tape worm in it!!!! Yeah, theres always been crazy diets, and always will be. (But just pickles? Wow.)
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My mouth is watering now. I want a pickle. :laugh:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    That is terribly sad...and ignorant. It is apparent that your aunt did zero research into healthy weight loss. It is terrible to know that she will be right back to where she started in less than a week.

It is also sad because it can be so much easier that eating only pickles. She can still eat whatever...just LESS OF IT.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't be, but I'm actually shocked by the lack of just general, basic knowledge of nutrition. This is a prime example, but I see a shockingly low level of knowledge about even the most basic aspects of nutrition and fitness on display here at MFP daily. It's pretty pathetic really.

I wish there was a like button on this site
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    lemme get this straight... she almost died in a car accident so her response was to try and kill herself through malnutrition and starvation... got it.

makes sense.

lol
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options

makes sense.

lol

That's generally the intelligence level of someone who thinks eating only pickles is okay... The sad thing is she is carefully monitored by her physician because of long term damage to her bowels (her bowels twisted as a consequence of the car accident she was in) and he can't figure out why she keeps retaining water; thus he keeps prescribing her the diuretics. I told her it was probably the sodium from the pickles causing water retention, but of course "i'm not a doctor".