I need mfp friends and support please :)

Options
Hello this is my first post. I am Michele from BC Canada.
I make excuses for my weight because I was on steroids for 14 years. I am not anymore and I am not losing weight! Time to take responsibility. I have Hereditary Angioedema and have a port in my chest as I have blood infusions twice a week. I do not want to and will not let this be a barrier.
I am an educated, bright, funny, caring, beautiful woman and mother. I deserve to be happy and in a body that is not so heavy mentally, emotionally and especially physically. I deserve to lose weight and keep it off!

Starting again after having surgery. I am healed and have been on the treadmill for two days now. I will see a trainer on Tuesday to help me organize eating and fitness with my health concerns. Until then these are the reasons I want to lose 100lbs from my 240 weight:

To put on socks and tie my shoes without struggle.

To roll over in bed without lifting as much of me.

To not feel like I am suffocating when I lay down. I don't think I fall asleep...I think I am blocking my air with how heavy I am.

To walk and play outside without being winded after a block.

To get control of anxiety and depression.

To be a role model for health for my child.

To feel as good on the outside as I am beginning to on the inside.

To not be at risk for heart attack and other health issues.

Because it is DUE TIME

No more excuses!!!

Replies

• imafluffypuffybear
    Options
    hey feel free to ADD me, like supporting people and getting support back. :)
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I love to give/recieve support!
  • PototaeLuvvr
    Options
    have you tryed the pototae cleanse?
  • Mick63116
    Mick63116 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I've had some of those struggles my self can always use and am glad to provide support. You or any one here can feel free to add me...lets do this people :)
  • KSfitgal
    KSfitgal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, I like to give and receive support!
  • BeautifulHez
    BeautifulHez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just joined today and already I found a great deal in common with you. LOVING that you are not giving excuses for your current weight sitch! I have 84 lbs to lose and am a great supporter. Looking for help to stay on track! Please add me. Thanks!
  • jkelly1198
    jkelly1198 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started as well. I have made up my mind to break it down in small but challenging doses. This is the heaviest I have been and I know my body is under there still. I am in my early 40's so I need to reverse this pattern of weight gain NOW. I plan to lose ten pounds in the month of April to start. The more support the better off we all are, not only with losing weight. Sometimes I need to just be reminded that I am not alone in this struggle. I am sure you feel the same way. Good luck to you and stay tough!
  • Battabing1129
    Options
    Hello feel free to add me. I also would like to have more friends.
  • melissatorx4
    Options
    Oh my goodness you are the 1st person's post that I have looked at and I can't believe it...my Mom has Angioademia (sorry, not sure of spelling do not type it that often). I am not sure of the classification of hers but it has been causing her great trouble for many years now. She has just found a Dr. who seems to understand it a bit, other Dr.s have not been able to help and have just made it worse.
    I wish you success on your weightloss journey. I am having a hard time sticking with what I need to do. You sound like you have a wonderful mindset though and know where to begin. Good Luck.
  • sarahlou8891
    sarahlou8891 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, I have just started again with the diet today!
  • Ginoo
    Ginoo Posts: 56
    Options
    I have sent you a friend request. It's important to have support to keep you going.
  • amjo2693
    amjo2693 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    Please feel free to add me (and this extends to everyone here). From personal experience I know how important peer support is.

Stay positive and don't give up!
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Request sent. Anyone send me a request, I am always looking for new & motovational friends.
    Good luck to you all.
  • SharonReitsma
    SharonReitsma Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hell yeah... you can do this!!!!

eating correctly is 80 percent of the battle (per my doc and my trainer.... and they are the professionals).
  • nelsonab
    nelsonab Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I also have 100 pounds to lose. I lost 40 a couple of years ago, but thanks to some thyroid issues I have since gained it back. I need support as well, people to hold me accountable. Sending friend request now.
  • Sandikay88
    Options
    Hi, Feel free to add me, I would love to support you!!
  • mindygood
    mindygood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Love to have more friends and more support. Love to be there for you to... Here's to a better life...one step at a time.
  • MrsBough
    MrsBough Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new here too and am looking for support on this journey as well. Please feel free to add me. :)
  • Scholastica4
    Scholastica4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Michele,
    I'll be your friend in food and fitness. I'm older than you but young at heart and in mind. I need to lose 100+ pounds, too. My health depends on sticking to a well-balanced and strict diet, avoiding certain foods. I have just started today. I'm not sure how we keep in touch except through this forum. I'm still trying to figure out the website.

God bless and success to you.

Scholastica4

P.S. I'm from Florida!