My cat has been gaining weight

Options
I have an embarrassing problem my cat continues to gain weight. She is a tortoise shell calico and the added weight makes her look more like a turtle than a cat. She's in denial and continues to struggle up to her cat perch and eat her food with abandon. This weekend her Grandmother came over and kept feeding her junk food! Peanut butter fatty kitty treats. She couldn't stop. I feel so hopeless when I watch her waddle and her stomach swings from side to side. She used to be so lean and beautiful now she's just a lazy lump. HELP!!

Replies

• The_Transforming_Journey
    Options
    Grumpy-Cat-mem-640x360.jpg
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have a Grandma problem along with your kitty's weight problem.

Have a family meeting to discuss the situation at hand. Get everyone on board with helping your dear cat lose weight. It's a family issue - everyone needs to participate and create a safe, loving, and supportive environment for your cat.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I have an embarrassing problem my cat continues to gain weight. She is a tortoise shell calico and the added weight makes her look more like a turtle than a cat. She's in denial and continues to struggle up to her cat perch and eat her food with abandon. This weekend her Grandmother came over and kept feeding her junk food! Peanut butter fatty kitty treats. She couldn't stop. I feel so hopeless when I watch her waddle and her stomach swings from side to side. She used to be so lean and beautiful now she's just a lazy lump. HELP!!

Sabotage is a real problem. Listen to Lora's advice. You want to wring as many years out of your kitty as possible!
  • spikeithard
    spikeithard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    what is with all the cat threads today? Been on here a week and havent seen 1 cat thread until today and currently there is like 7 cat themed threads in the first 2 pages lol