I need leek soup

Options
demorelli
demorelli Posts: 508 Member
Leek soup (any variety I've tried) is my very favorite but the only recipe I've found takes like 6 hours to make including a lot of prep time. Anyone have a leek soup recipe they love?

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I just add leeks to all my soups! It's a great addition to any, but lately I've been loving roasted squash soup, with leeks, carrots, peppers, red lentils a tart apple and lots of curry.
    Cube and roast a winter squash in the over until it's tender - at 425F for 30-40 minutes.
    When the squash is nearly done, sauté all your veggies (whatever you like - I use a lot) in a bit of oil until soft. Add your apple, curry spices and some cayenne if you like, and 1 cup of red lentils and stir to coat well. Add in 8 cups of liquid (water or stock) and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium-low and add your squash. Simmer until the lentils are soft.
    I like to take half out and puree with an immersion blender, but you can do whatever you like. The squash and lentils make such a creamy soup once it's blended, you don't need any cream or dairy.
    I like the apple and curry flavour but any of your favourite seasonings would do, I'ms sure.

Good luck!
  • rachelamedley5
    rachelamedley5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    a quick leek soup - low carb
    soften 2 leeks in a little olive oil
    add 4 cups of chicken stock (doesnt need to be home made)
    Add the juice of one lemon
    Cook for 30 mins
    Add a bag of spinach, any fresh herb you have in the garden
    Add a little black pepper
    Blitz and serve with parmesan cheese

This is a great soup and has a great flavour and is only about 200 calories