calories burnt

Options
This morning I had a 20 mins session consisting of 15x, 10x, 5x, 10x, 15x sets, with non-stop between (unless you are like me and you have to stop to catch you breath) of 3 exercises
I don't know the name of the exercises but you can have a quick look here: http://hasfit.com/workouts/home/advanced-high-intensity/hiit-training/ (don't have to watch the full 15 mins

When I enter this in my diary under "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)", it is only giving me a 79 calories burnt, is this correct or shall I use another entry. I felt like burning more than that comparing for example when I use a treadmill
Thanks for any input
JC

Replies

• slimgoody05
    slimgoody05 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can't really tell you if this is right or wrong without knowing your stats. But, I don't like to use MFP calorie counts. They are not always accurate. Either they are inflated or under how many I really burned. Maybe invest in a HRM.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, I have got a Garmin 305 that I use for running and cycling, not sure if I could measure calories burnt when I am stationery. It's just that 79 calories don't seem a lot when I am almost dying for 20mins
    JC
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    From your description, I would say that could probably be logged as circuit training.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    From your description, I would say that could probably be logged as circuit training.

Thanks for that, comes with 209 calories killed, sounds more like it.

JC