MFP Geocachers?

Options
Just was wondering if any fellow MFPers are also Geocachers? If you aren't I encourage you to start as it's a great way to get out and get some extra exercise and to see and explore new places in a family friendly way.

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    Used to but haven't recently. Had the whole family involved and loved getting out to remote spots for the finds. It is great exerise, which is why we go a website membership for my parents. They started hiking out like crazy!
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My whole family loves it. Happy its spring time so we can start up again.
  • phoximom
    phoximom Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    that's how we spent our Easter! great day out with the boys!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Yep, my husband and I are geocachers.... just haven't done it in awhile. I'm sure we'll be out and about geocaching soon, when the weather is a bit nicer so we can do the actual "hike to" caches and not the "cache and grab" ones. :happy:
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    I've only gone, once... but I LOVE the idea! It seems like it would be fun with a big group of people!
  • grammiemaggs
    Options
    I LOVE GEOCACHING!! It's brought me to beautiful places like waterfalls I didn't know about or a new hiking trail. It's also shown me historical landmarks in my own area that I've passed thousands of times and didn't know it was there .... blows my mind. I love finding the geocache but the adventure and the views are what I love the most. I hope this thread picks up a few more posters who will share their adventures and maybe some pictures would be cool. Here, I'll post a couple just for fun.

Ageocache.jpg

geocachingsite2.jpg

geocachingsite5.jpg

geocachingsite.jpg

geocachingsite4.jpg

geocachingsite3.jpg
  • grammiemaggs
    Options
    Just in case you're reading this and wondering "What the heck is geocaching?" Here's the web site so you can check it out.

www.geocaching.com
  • grammiemaggs
    Options
    I can't believe there aren't more Cachers out in MFP land. That kind of makes me sad for those who aren't. Poor Muggles.

168726d1310086694-my-lotus-hat-just-broke-i-so-sad.jpg
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    I hunt Georgia:smile:
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a single cache in this year yet :( AND I had a challenge lined up for the kids in teh summer holidays. But yes, I enjoy geocaching too. Going to have to get out and do some again soon. Need to re-download my app I think!
  • Ryan__V
    Ryan__V Posts: 36
    Options
    I love to geocache. Great excuse to burn an hour and some calories! The kids like it too.

We recently left a cache on the top of a mountain with a great trail, called it: "Take a hike!"
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what this is but I saw the words "treasure hunt" on the website and I am IN
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I used to but hardly anyone in my area does it anymore :(
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    I am not a muggle!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm scared of getting lured away and kidnapped.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I LOVE GEOCACHING!! It's brought me to beautiful places like waterfalls I didn't know about or a new hiking trail. It's also shown me historical landmarks in my own area that I've passed thousands of times and didn't know it was there .... blows my mind. I love finding the geocache but the adventure and the views are what I love the most. I hope this thread picks up a few more posters who will share their adventures and maybe some pictures would be cool. Here, I'll post a couple just for fun.

Ageocache.jpg

geocachingsite2.jpg

geocachingsite5.jpg

geocachingsite.jpg

geocachingsite4.jpg

geocachingsite3.jpg

Yep that's us too - ( if I knew how to post pics I would we have TONS of geocaching pics) Just hit our 2,239th find - Gonna try to get more caching in this weekend as well.. I would love more MFP friends that are also Geocachers... Please feel free to add me