122 days in, 38 lbs lost and feeling positive

Options
kajaknowers
kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
So today is my 122 days of this diet and I felt like blogging my success to try and reassure myself as I have highs and lows.

When I started out, the concept that I had to lose 76 lbs to be classed as "normal".....I won't lie, it was daunting, but I felt that enough was enough....I knew that in the next 12 months I was graduating from uni and starting my adult life.....no more students loans, get a real job and in Jabuary 2011 I was planning on travelling the world with 2 of my best friends....The only problem was, my weight was affecting my morale and I didn't want be on a beach with my two skinny friends and feel like I was a fat beached whale.....therefore, the concept of starting a diet seemed easier than how I could have felt sat on a beach.....

Now to talk about today....I weighed myself today and realised I had lost over 38 lbs, meaning I was half way to a healthy weight (not necessarily the ultimate weight)....I am literally in touching distance of being overweight and in 25 days I have my final exam....I haven't been clubbing for over 3 months as I have been pretty hardcore about my diet and studying.....in 122 days I have not drunk a single drop of alcohol, gone over my calorie allowance and in the past week, I don't even feel like I miss eating....it makes me a little ill thinking about how much I must have ate to get to the size I was....I also feel very comfortable wearing simply a t shirt and jeans as I dont have lumps and bumps where I used to have them....the other day I got honked at 4 times in the space of 20 minutes (sure they were probably old but thats not the point).....they thought I was hot.....Previosuly I dreaded going clubbing because I never wanted people to notice me at the risk they would say horrible things which I know for a fact did happen....I think in a months time when I have time to party, I will feel attractive....I love the new me, life is so much less stressful when you don't worry about your weight.....its a heavy burden.

Point is I know I can do this as I'm already doing it.....and I know everyone on this site has the capability to do so also if they used MFP like its meant to.....know short term goals....no fad diets just eating healthy and exercising.....I can't wait that in maybe 8 months time I will be some to aspire to....I promised myself when I get to the overweight mark I would post photos....so they will be coming in hopefully the next 3 weeks or so

x

Replies

• IanRS
    IanRS Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great story, great motivation - keep it up. I look forward to seeing those photos. :-)
  • KarenWantsABikini
    Options
    Awesome girl, Im giving you a big virtual MFP hug !!! :)
  • lilykarger
    lilykarger Posts: 25
    Options
    love this! you are my inspertion!
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Looking foward to your before and after pictures. Keep up the good work.
  • JBRENTLINGER
    JBRENTLINGER Posts: 160
    Options
    Your dedication to physical and mental well being is an inspiration to more people than you realize. Thank you for posting your current successes and future goals. You have just helped push me a little harder. :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Good for you! :)
  • MystAKAlKonceit
    MystAKAlKonceit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OMG thats GREAT!!! Keep up the excellent work and determination and optimistic outlook =)
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Glad you have had such success. Keep focused on your goal and make it happen!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I'm so happy for you. Great work!
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Options
    Oh wow! :-) It makes me happy to see people succeed! Keep it going, stay focused and motivated! :-)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you...Its a great feeeling to feel sexy and be confortable in your own skin....Congrats and keep up the good work
  • spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    Options
    I cant wait for your photos!
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Excellent work. Sounds like you have found a good balance in your life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!