Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Snack Ideas for the Office?

Does anyone have any good ideas for office snack ideas? My office likes to go to the grocery store and buy "snacks" that are cookies & chips etc and I need to bring some of my own in to munch on when I get a whiff of their microwave burrito :sad: I've been bringing in carrot sticks but that can get old fast. Thanks for the tips!

Replies

• KSfitgal
    KSfitgal Posts: 59 Member
    If you have a sweet tooth, then sugar free candy is good. I like the Werther's candies in the variety of flavors. Sugar free jolly ranchers are good too. Maybe pair the carrotts with hummus. You could make that even yourself and it would be a lot cheaper than buying it. Depending on the diet you are doing, you could get some baked chips or crackers (Whole grain chips) are great with salsa too. Peanut butter and nuts are yummy also, or some dark chocolate - like the Ghiradeli's intense Twilight Chocolate. Also, dill pickles or baby dills are good too. Just watch the sodium!
  • TLCorsini
    TLCorsini Posts: 78
    If you have a sweet tooth, then sugar free candy is good. I like the Werther's candies in the variety of flavors. Sugar free jolly ranchers are good too. Maybe pair the carrotts with hummus. You could make that even yourself and it would be a lot cheaper than buying it. Depending on the diet you are doing, you could get some baked chips or crackers (Whole grain chips) are great with salsa too. Peanut butter and nuts are yummy also, or some dark chocolate - like the Ghiradeli's intense Twilight Chocolate.

Mmmm these sound yummy! I've always wanted to make my own hummus but I have no clue where to get tahini sauce lol
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    I always bring food to the office every day but I always keep snacks in my cabinet.. I have oatmeal, peanut butter, almonds, protein bars, protein powder, beef jerky, and apples.
  • loram11
    loram11 Posts: 13 Member
    I always keep a supply of snacks in my drawer too, one of my favorites is the Baked Pringle Stix, they are 80 calories but satisfies my chip craving...sometimes eat with an apple in the afternoon to get over the 3:00 p.m. blahs.
  • Special K Cracker chips. Theres all different flavors. Theyre so good!
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    I always bring food to the office every day but I always keep snacks in my cabinet.. I have oatmeal, peanut butter, almonds, protein bars, protein powder, beef jerky, and apples.

I do this except the powder (i have pre-made drinks) and the jerky (its now on my shopping list though). I'll also have popcorn for a little salty crunch.
  • Nuts, fruits, kashi bars, peanut butter...
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Yogurt, fruit, 100 calorie snackpacks, pretzels
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Fruit - apples, pears and bananas are easy eating at your desk, dried fruit - unsulphured apricots and pitted dates, popcorn and almonds are some of my favourites :)
  • pototaes.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    bacon
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    I always bring cut up bell peppers, hummus, apples, cuties, nuts, instant oatmeal, applesauce, and Laurabars to help get me through the day. I also love Trader Joe's dried fruit bars.
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Fresh fruit and vegetables. When I worked at an office I had plain yogurt at around 10 or 11 with fresh fruit added in. Celery and baby carrots were my mindless snacking kind of foods. They say crunchy food cuts back on stress. Pretzels aren't so bar for you.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    I have popcorn, jello, granola bars, and fiber one bars...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Berries, apples and peanut butter, nuts...those are my go to.
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    If you have a sweet tooth, then sugar free candy is good. I like the Werther's candies in the variety of flavors. Sugar free jolly ranchers are good too. Maybe pair the carrotts with hummus. You could make that even yourself and it would be a lot cheaper than buying it. Depending on the diet you are doing, you could get some baked chips or crackers (Whole grain chips) are great with salsa too. Peanut butter and nuts are yummy also, or some dark chocolate - like the Ghiradeli's intense Twilight Chocolate.

Mmmm these sound yummy! I've always wanted to make my own hummus but I have no clue where to get tahini sauce lol
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    I like the Nature Valley Fruit and Nut Bars as a mid-morning /afternoon snack, and bananas, and cucumbers w/ ranch yogurt dressing.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    I bring the following every day in my lunch bag, never gets old!

- Banana OR apple
    - Greek yogurt (varying flavors, but my favorite brands are Dannon Oikos and Fage)
    - One string cheese
    - 100 Calorie pack of natural almonds (not roasted or salted or cocoa or anything!)

These are my go to snacks throughout the day. Some other ideas could be an apple with peanut butter, celery sticks with peanut butter, plain goldfish crackers (you get something like 50 fish per serving!).... I could think of others but I am drawing a blank at the moment. :)
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Tahini Paste can usually be found in the grocery section where they have the international foods, like Mexican and Chinese. If you can't find it, you could always ask someone who works there.
  • cjaharmon
    cjaharmon Posts: 46 Member
    Cucumber and laughing cow cheese yummo and savory snack with a crisp bite