Participated in my first 5k yesterday!

katythemommy
katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
After having my son in 2008, I have continuously tried to lose weight and kept gaining it back. Last week while watching the Biggest Loser, the first part of the episode was getting people in TX to join in a 5k. I was literally crying the whole time during that, watching these people come out to change their lives. During the commercial I went and registered for the 5k I did yesterday. I was SO nervous and one of the biggest people there, but I ran as much as I could and wasn't last!!! I finished at 46 minutes and my goal was to get it done under an hour. It felt so amazing!! I have signed up for another 5k in 3 weeks and hope to improve my time!

Just wanted to share how good it felt to finally start taking my health seriously as I start this journey to lose weight/lifestyle change!

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Good for you! I've been doing c25k for the last 7 weeks. My run is in 2 weeks and I'm nervous. I can run 2 miles straight and then another 1/2 a mile after a short walking break. I would love to be able to run the whole thing but I'm not going to kill myself doing it.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Good job! Good luck at your next 5K!
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    :smile: Great job!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    That is super amazing! Congratulations!!!:flowerforyou: